(16) Lies

Rajveer

"What did you do to her? She's been upset and silent for the past 2 days now",Maryam asks with her hands on her waist while glaring at me and her foot tapping the floor impatiently.

"Maryam leave the man alone",Rianna sighs.

"He hurt her what you me-".

"Maryam"mom says sternly which fortunately made Maryam sit her short temper ass down.

"Now son....everything was okay until the expecting baby part. Is she upset with you because your having a baby or did you do something to hurt her?",mom asks me calmly.

"No mom its more than that. I really messed up",I scratch the back of my head frustratedly.

"How bad?",dad asks.

"REALLY bad",I tilt my head and just then Abimbola walks into the house with a frown as usual.

"Hey girl how was work?",Maryam smiles.

Abimbola gives a small smile then she greets mom and the rest. She glances at me then heads towards the stairs.

"Abimbola beta come here"mom says.

"Mom no"I whisper to her but as usual mom wants to do it her way and ignores me.

Abimbola walks over.

"What's wrong? You've been awfully quiet for the past two days....and did you get a chance to go to the hospital yet?".

"I uh haven't gone yet"she whispers.

"Why? We have to know so we can prepare ourselves",mom says.

"I just haven't got time but I'll go tomorr-"

"That's not needed, go now. Raj will take you to our family doctor",mom smiles.

"Go now? Um aunty I re-"

"Don't worry it's nothing to be scared of. Or you can have it done here".

"Hospital it is",Abimbola mumbles quickly making mom smile.

"Good I'll tell Doctor Shan your coming".

"Sure but um you won't be upset if am not pregnant will you?",Abimbola asks mom who looks at her shocked then furrows her eyebrows.

"Of course not. I do want my grand baby but you've only been married for 3 months so I won't rush",mom shrugs.

"Okay good",Abimbola whispers to herself.

"Raj take her to the hospital",mom tells me so I nod then get up.

"Can I not go alone?",Abimbola asks.

"Ah don't be silly child has your husband you can't go alone when he's here",she says.

I love you mom.

"Now go on".

I look at Abimbola who walks past me without even giving me as much as a glance.

***

"Babe can we talk?",I turn to Abimbola in the car but she just opens the door trying to get our but I quickly press the child lock button locking all the doors.

"Raj"she whispers.

"Baby am a-".

"You don't have the right to call me that as of now and don't talk to me. Am very upset right now",she whispers.

"Am so-". Before I could finish she leans over towards me then unlocks the doors. I sigh then shake my head. She gets out of the car and slams the door.