(6) Proposal

Abimbola POV

"Abimbola would you mind checking these research paper about three part molecules that could be used for treating breast cancer before you head home please?",Debbie asks

"Can I do it at home? Or does it have to be done now?". I ask her putting my bag on her desk.

"You can take it home but I do need by tomorrow morning".

"Will do",I smile.

"Night babygirl".

"Night",I kiss her cheek making her smile then I pick up my bag and rush out the door. Mommy's going to have my neck. There's a proposal at home and am supposed to be there to cook and help serve. Its a good thing I always have a spare black abaya and white hijab which I pray in during working hours.

***

"Your late",Adunni whispers dragging me into the kitchen where mommy, Atinuke, Ewatomi, Eniola, Ibrahim and Tareeq are standing around he kitchen dining table.

"They're here already?".

"Well they're not going to wait for you",mommy says with an attitude.

"How's the guy?",I ask the girl who smirk.

"He's so hot and his brothers whew Astagfirullah but dayum they fine",Atinuke whispers so mommy doesn't hear which just made me laugh lightly.

"Go greet them the rest of us already did",Ewatomi says.

"Oh yeah serve them this tray of biscuits too",mommy says.

I nod then put down my bag and take the tray from her. I fix my hijab then walk out of the kitchen.

I knock on the living room door.

"Come in". I hear daddy's voice and taking a deep breath I open the door slowly.

My eyes land on 4 male eyes and 3 females. Pakistani? Indians? Ah I think I heard Adunni say they were Pakistani. Dang the one in a suit is cute. Astagfirullah what am I doing. I wonder which one is THE ONE.

"Asalam Alaykum",I greet them all adding a small nervous smile.

"Walaykum Salam" they all reply with a small smile.

"And this is Abimbola. She's my middle child",daddy introduces.

"Ah she's the one that works as a biotechnologist?", uncle asks.

I smile and nod. "How is work? Hope your finding it okay?"aunty asks with a warm smile.

"Allamdulilah everything good. Thanks for asking",I smile.

She smiles and looks at her husband.

I place the tray on the table then daddy whispers to me so I turn to him.

"Fix the TV its not working and I need to speak with their father outside so make them comfortable".

"Okay"I nod then he stands up and uncle stands after him. They both walk out of the room leaving me with the rest of his family.

I smile awkwardly then turn around quickly. I walk to the TV and turn it on but it doesn't work. I him confused then realized someone took off the cords. The boys probably. Sighing I get up then fix my hijab and pull up my abaya sleeves. I go behind the TV and connect the cords again.

"Abimbola",Atinuke walks inside.

"Do you guys need anything?"she asks our guest.

"Um where's the bathroom?",the girl that looks about 16 asks.