The Slap (41)

Abimbola

"Are you serious? What about the new computers? Just order new ones". Rajveer walks into our room looking really stressed.

He sits on our bed with his hand on his face then lets out a huge sigh. I put down his shirt which I was folding then wall over to him and sit down.

"Rajveer what's the matter?". I ask him but he shakes his head sadly.

"Talk to me Raj. I know we're not talking at the moment but if your feeling stressed or down about something then talk to me. Am still your wife Raj", I whisper to him while caressing his hands. He looks at me with a sad look then he holds my hand and drops in front of me on his knees.

"Rajveer what are you doing please don't", I try to pull him up but he just holds me down and shakes his head.

"Am sorry for upsetting you, for always picking fights, for yelling at you. Am so sorry, your upset with me I kno-".

"Am not upset with you Raj please get up", I sigh.

"You are. Ever since you've been upset with me everything has been going haywire, my business is slow and everything is just going so wrong. I don't know what it is but it all happened when we stopped talking. Just forgive me, am sorry", he begs.

I let it what he just said sink in for a few minutes before letting out an exhausted sigh. Maybe it's because I stopped praying for him wholeheartedly.

"It's okay Rajveer please get up first then we can talk about it", i tell him and help him up. I look down and couldn't help but let the tears fall.

"Your hurting me am not going to lie. First of all I do not appreciate the girl whom you proposed to years back living under the same roof as us, secondly you insult and yell at me for her. You basically made your choice, if there was ever a time where you'd be asked to choose between us. You'd pick her. That itself is like a knife to the chest", I confess to him.

He sighs then rubs his face.

"You don't understand her thats why. She's had a rough life, s-"

"So have I but that doesn't mean I try to ruin someone else's marriage because of it", I shake my head.

"She's not doing that Abimbola please can you stop accusing her of such she's not like that", he snaps at me.

I shrug then walk past him and out of the room. I head down the stairs to find Samara playing with Kabeer and Kareem along with Rianna. Kareem is laughing as Samara rubs their noses together.

"Oh hey Abimbola I didn't know you were at home", Rianna smiles standing up and tries to hug me but I just walk past her and pick up Kabeer.

I ignore everyones confused stares and place Kabeer on the couch.

"Abimbola are you okay?", Rianna asks turning me around.

"Why come if you didn't think i was at home?", I ask her.

"I came to visit Samara me a-",

"Then stay with her don't try to converse with me. I don't associate myself with fake people anymore so stay in your own lane", I tell her earning a few shocked gasps but I didn't really care. I am angry. REALLY ANGRY. She's stealing everything from me, my husband, friends, everything and everyone is on her side. Am suddenly the villain. I hate this, I hate it so much.

"Maybe you guys should talk we can go out another time", Samara offers.

I look at her and anger just surfs through my entire body. I wanted to drag her out of here or throw her somewhere but I knew I couldn't which makes me want to cry knowing I can't do anything about this.