(14) Happiness

Rajveer

Abimbola and Sarah set the table together while mom is putting saqib down in his highseat.

"Can you get me my phone from the room",Luqman tells Sarah who nods then looks at Abimbola who smiles then takes the plates from Sarah.

"That's okay",uncle tells Abimbola who nods then moves to Musa and serves him some rice. She moves to me then slaps some rice onto my plate. I look at her shocked then clear my throat. "Baby just let me talk to you",I whisper. "Would that be all Rajveer?",she asks with a forced smile. I glance up to find everyone looking at us as the tension in the room grew thicker and thicker by the minute.

"Um yeah can I actually get a si-" before I could finish she slaps a paratha on the rice then smiles. "Anything else?".
"Umm is everything okay?",mom asks.

"Yeah perfect",Abimbola smiles then as Amari comes over to sit she whispers into her ear. Amari raises an eyebrow then sits beside me while Abimbola sits beside her instead.

"Abimbola we need to talk",I tell her. "Am sorry I don't have the time"she shrugs. "WE GOTS TO TALK",I snap sternly then stand up. She looks at me shocked then clears her throat. "My bad"she mumbles and stands up.

I drag her into our room then slam the door shut. "Am sorry okay am sorry but I can't go against my mother just like you wouldn't go against yours. I talked to her I really did and I know I should've been by your side no matter so am sorry".

"It's okay Raj"

"And I know you won't forgive me ea- wait wait what? Its okay?",I look at her confused.

She chuckles then nods. "I missed you. I don't like not talking to you",I whisper then frown. "Oh am sorry baby won't happen again" she hugs me and kisses my cheek. "Better not or I might have to t-"
"Might have to do what mister?",she snaps with her eyebrow raised daring.

"I love you baby",I smile then peck her lips which made her giggle. "I love you too".

****

"Babhi",Amira calls from outside while knocking on the door. "Wassup?",Abimbola opens the door and smiles.

"Your friends Rianna and Maryam are here",she says which brought a big smile on Abimbola's face.

"Really?",She squeals then runs past Amir's who snickers. "Well lil sis let's see her embarrass herself in front of mom and dad",I wrap my arms around Amira's shoulder. We both chuckle then run out of my room

Abimbola runs down the stairs while mom, dad and Luqman watch her with shock.

"Rianna oh my God",she runs to a middle height long black haired lady. She looks Pakistani and in a long black top and white pants and Maryam in a purple Saree while there's also a young man standing beside her holding a baby boy in his arms. I guess that's her husband and their son Rasheed.

Abimbola hugs Rianna who chuckles.

"I missed you so much",Abimbola frowns. "Same am sorry I couldn't be here for your wedding but I heard it was a blast",Rianna smiles.

"Hello am I invisible?",Maryam asks with her hands on her hips with some attitude.

"Is someone jealous?",Abimbola pokes her tummy which made Maryam giggle then hug her.

"Hello aunty",Rianna and Maryam greet them. Mom and dad smile and nod.

"O m g is this Rasheed?",Abimbola gasps looking at the boy. "Yeah. Rasheed this is aunty Abimbola",Maryam introduces. "Can I hold him?". "Sure". The man gives Abimbola Rasheed who smiles. "Aw your such a cutie",she shakes him in the air and throws him up and catches him. He giggles and hugs her.