(15) News

Rajveer

"Morning everyone",Abimbola smiles. "Uh morning",we all look at her weirdly then smile.

"Don't you have work? I have your lunch packed",mom says.

"Am not working today I took a day off",she says.

"Day off? Happiness? What's gotten into you?",Sarah asks her.

"Oh nothing",Abimbola takes a seat beside me and smiles.

"Girl you are glowing",Rianna says staring at Abimbola with shock.

"I was thinking same thing",mom whispers.

"Glowing how?",I ask them confused.

"Wait one second...Abimbola your glowing oh my God your glowing",Sarah and Maryam scream then squeal.

"Uh? Thanks?",Abimbola raises an eyebrow at them confused.

The ladies look at mom who smiles. "Have you considered going to the hospital?"mom asks her.

"Hospital? No I feel fine",Abimbola says with a shrug. "Why?"

"Have you had any morning sickness lately? Stomach pain? Drowsiness?",mom asks her calmly.

"Um I don't think- well morning sickness yes for the past two weeks now and stomach pain yes even sometimes dizziness but like am okay",she shrugs.

I turn to Abimbola shocked then raise an eyebrow.

"Are you pregnant?",I ask her.

She looks at me confused for a second then she looks down then back up at me. "I um I don't know It didn't come up",she whispers.

"Well we should get you checked up today",I whisper. "Uh- okay". She looks away then fakes a smile.

"Baby you okay? Your not excited? We might be becoming parents",I whisper to her smiling. "We talked about it right it's finally here",I whisper.

"No Raj YOU talked about it. I said I wasn't ready",she whispers then she gets up. "Hey w-". She snatches her hand off mine then walks out of dining room.

"What did you so bhai?",Amira's asks glaring at me.

"Something VERY bad",I whisper then excuse myself from the table.

"Abimbola",I knock on our bathroom door gently but loud enough for her to hear.

"Baby can we talk about this please".

"Leave me along Raj you've betrayed me enough as it is",she cries.

My heart breaks on hearing her cry....because of me. Oh what did I do. I didn't imagine her reaction to be like this at all. What was I thinking.