(8) Dress Rehearsal

Rajveer POV

"Rajveer beta she's there",mom tells me then hands me the car keys.

"Me and your father will go to a cafe while you both look for dresses",she says. I nod then kiss her cheek and nod at dad before crossing the street.

I open the door to Brides Dresses and am instantly filled with buzzing, exciting atmosphere. There's about 5 ladies in here, some with families and some with males. I look around the store in search of Abimbola but to no luck. Just then my phone buzzes in my pants. I take it out of my back pocket and unlock it. Habibi I smile upon seeing the name that i set as hers on my phone then open up her message.

H: look straight ahead

M: why?

H: am here

I close the message then look up and straight ahead to find her waving a little from beside her sisters Atinuke and Adunni and her brother Ibrahim.

I walk over to them and smile.

"Asalam Alaykum"I greet them.

"Walaykum Salam".

I look at Abimbola who smiles shyly. "Eyes set on any?"I ask her.

"No not really am not very good with shopping",she whispers only for me to hear which made me chuckle.

"I don't have to worry about you making us go bankrupt then".

She laughs then shakes her head.

"Dude I earn my own money. I don't need yours"she says confidentially. I smile watching her strolling off towards dress sections.

"We'll be going now",Atinuke tells me and I nod then greet them.

"What about this?",Abimbola asks me holding out a long white dress with long silky sleeves and a sort of heart shaped cut.

"Nah would show cleavage",she shakes her head before I could give my opinion. But I was about to say same thing so it cool.

We go around other dresses but she kept throwing them all down.

"Am done. I don't know what to get",she groans and sighs.

"Will you allow me to choose one and if I choose it will you wear it?" I ask her.

She looms at me confused then hesitantly she nods.

I walk towards the section where we first went to then pick up the dress I've had my eye on.
Its a long whitish plain simple dress.

"Not bad",she whispers to herself.

"But Rajveer it looks too small would it fit me?",she whispers.