Distance(39)

Rajveer

"Rajveer are you still angry with me?", Abimbola stands in front of me with a smile.

I just roll my eyes then walk past her but she appears again in front of me.

"Your not going to stay mad at me. YOUR WIFE for ages now are you?",she asks then she frowns and rubs her hand up and down my chest slowly.

"Stop. And yeah and nothing is going to change until you learn to fix tour attitude with Samara"I tell her then remove her hand off my chest and grab a pillow from our bed.

"Raj you can't seriously mean that. Am your wife. She's an outsider",she snaps angrily at me.

"Look Abimbola I have a headache. Work was hectic today already as it is. Don't add yours onto my stress", I tell her which seemed to make her mad even more.

Someone knocks on the door just as she was about to say something. I sure love whoever that is, saving me from her ranting.

"Come in"I call.

The door opens slowly and Samara walks in with an awkward smile.

"Oh hey Samara Wassup?",I smile.

"Can I talk to you please.....unless your busy"she asks then looks between me and Abimbola.

"Yeah he's busy. Its 12 am what could you possibly want to talk about late this night",Abimbola asks.

"Its private sorry",Samar's whispers.

"Yeah sure we can talk. Am not busy",I put down the pillows. I ignore Abimbola who surprisingly didn't say anything. She just walks over to the bed and lays down beside the twins and shuts her eyes. 

I follow Samara into her bedroom. We sit on her bed then she sighs and looks down. 

"What's wrong?", I ask her getting concerned. 

"I got a call from the doctor treating my father, he said that his condition is worsening. They started the treatment but baba isn't responding to anything. He's stable but he's not improving either. Baba said he wanted to see you, he keeps talking about his death time nearing", she breaks down crying. 

"We'll go to see him tomorrow don't cry please. You know I don't like it when you cry".

"How can I not cry? All my life ive been running back and forth to help my family. I've made so many mistakes just to earn money. Who's going to even want to marry me? Look at me. I have nothing". She cries harder and covers her face.

She's right she HAS made plenty of mistakes. Selling her body is going too extreme. Who's going to marry her is a good question because she's slept with most of the men her and her family knows already for money. She's had a very rough life yet she stays strong, it's incredible.

"You'll find someone surely Samara don't cry. Go to sleep and we'll go to see uncle first thing tomorrow". 

She nods so I head straight to my room to find Abimbola now asleep. That's weird, she's always staying up till Fajr which is at 3 so she doesn't miss it then she stays in prayer for an hour and goes  to bed at 5. Lately she hasn't been keeping up her routine. 

I lay on the other side of the bed beside Kareem who instantly throws his tiny leg on my chest which made me chuckle. I kiss him and Kabeer then look at Abimbola. I sigh then kiss her also.