(17) Change is Needed

Abimbola

"For how long are you going to stay away from your duties Abimbola. This isn't even funny anymore your a wife and a daughter in law no matter what is happening you stick your head in and bear it",Maryam says as she paces around my apartment.

"Am tired of bearing everything Maryam. Everyone has hurt me, they take me then break me like am a piece on object that has no feelings at all. I have feelings too. I endured enough with my family am not doing the same here",I yell angrily.

"A wife's duty is to stay wherever the husband is and obey him what he wants. You want to argue with Allah about that?"she yells.

I look at her knowing she's right then start crying.

"He lied to me Maryam. He hurt me so much. I didn't think it was possible to feel more pain than that my family gave me but his hurt more. I love him I love him so much Maryam",I cry.

"Oh baby",Rianna sits beside me and hugs me.

"I know you feel pretty shitty darling and you have the right to be but listen to me. Your not a wimp. Your not weak, your the most strongest woman I know Abimbola. You can't go down on what he did. You get up with your head held up high and battle it",Maryam says.

"What are you suggesting?",Rianna asks.

I look at Maryam then wipe my tears.

"The two of us will help you lose weight Abimbola. We'll go on diet together, go gym together also. We're going to make you irresistible".

"But then am giving him what he wants"I yell.

"Exactly he's your husband and so? But it's up to you to chose whether or not you want to let him touch...if you know what I mean",she says with a devious smirk.

"Oh that's harsh. It'll kill him",I wince.

"Exactly" Maryam smiles.

"Its perfect"I smile.

"But I love food",Rianna whines.

"But you love me"I smile innocently. She whimpers so I hug her tightly.

"Fine. I can vacate a gym just for us"she says.

"You can?"

"Yeah am friends with the owner. She's super nice too, names Tasha",she smiles.

"Are we really going to do it?",I look at them nervously.

"Yeah but your pregnant so we'll get a personal trainer for you".

"Okay but will it work?".

"Tasha used to be way bigger than you Abimbola. She used this shake thing and exercised and 2 months later she became the talk of the town. Well the talk of our group chat",Rianna says.

"2 months? It took just 2 months?",I say with a gasp.

"Even less for you because your not as big as her",Rianna smiles.

"That's perfect oh my God that's perfect. Will you tell her to let me in on the shake pretty please"

"Well obviously".

"Aw you guys are the best",I squeal excitedly.

"We know",the two of them say and flip their hair.

I roll my eyes then lay down on my bed. Rianna lays on the left side and Maryam on the right.

"Girls night?",Maryam turns to us whole leaning on her elbow.

"I need to straighten my hair and I could do with watching Black Panther again and pig myself out for tonight",I smile.

"That's what am talking about. I'll order 4 large boxes of pizza and some Chinese spicy noodles and Ooooh some samosa",Rianna squeals.

"And I'll get hair treatment ready",I stand up.

***

"Hi am Tasha, so your Abimbola and Maryam? I've heard lots about y'all",Tasha smiles.

"They better be good or SOMEBODY might be going down",I raise an eyebrow at Rianna then the girls all laugh.

"Yeah very good things",Tasha chuckles.

"So I feel I should explain to you my quick journey first because I feel it will give you a motivation to get yours done" she says.

"Yeah sure"I nod.

She picks up a photo album then opens it. First thing I did was gasp. My eyes widen in shock. How the heck does anyone go from THAT to THIS in freaking 2 MONTHS. That's highly impossible.

"Excited?"she asks with a chuckle

"Excited?"she asks with a chuckle. "Very. Its just so I don't know the word for it"I breath slowly with a burning feeling of hope.

"Don't worry tour not that fat like I was so yours would likely be 3 weeks max",she shrugs.

"NO"I whisper then squeal excitedly making them all laugh.

"But in order for that to happen there's no junk food, just fruits and vegetables and and instead of water you have to drink this shake. Its called Realcore. You drink this three times a day. Pour two spoons in warm water for the three weeks. Remember no junks". She explains then hands me a big bottle of Realcore. "Any side effects?"I ask her. "Headache and weight loss"she says. I chuckle at the last one and shake my head.

"Good luck"she gives us all a hug and smiles. "Thanks",we wave her goodbye then get in my car.

I can't believe am going to do this. This is exciting. I won't be fat all my life. Oh thank you thank you Allah. I hate being big. I just don't feel comfortable with it.

Change is needed. I know it and they know it and apparently my husband has wanted this before we even got married. I guess am not only doing this for me but both of us too. I want to look nice for him. I may sound stupid even after all he did but I love him and he's my husband. I don't want to be a turn off for him every time.

***

Sooooo? What y'all think?

Is she right for doing this? Do you think she's doing this for both of them?

Vote and comment your opinion on this.

Peace🙏