No Peace(37)

Abimbola

"How's mommy's sons doing this fine morning?",I ask my sons who are just watching me fold the prayer mat with tired eyes.

Kareem sits up on his butt then Kabeer copies him. They both reach out to me indicating that they hungry.

"Your daddy is mad at mommy, can you believe he actually stayed with her for the whole night leaving mommy all alone?".

I look at the boys who are just sucking away. I chuckle sadly to myself now realizing how lonely I've become. I don't even have to fight him. He clearly loves her. Am like an obstacle stopping them from loving and being with each other. No one in this family is even by my side. They all take over Samara. My husband who promised he'd never leave me alone is also with her. I don't know why I even thought my loneliness was gone and I'd finally be happy. Loneliness just follows me around everywhere I go. Whatever happens, people take the other persons side leaving poor Abimbola to herself.

I wipe my tears and sniff. "Ma ma"Kareem calls. "Yes baby?". I look down at him to find him looking up at me with concern. "Ma ma",he calls again then he wipes my tears and hugs my face. "Your with mommy right baby?".

"ma ma"was all he kept repeating. I smile then kiss both him and his younger brother by 2 minutes.

I carry the two in my arms and make my way down the stairs slowly. I reach the living room then turn towards the dining room and find the whole family at the table eating already.

Oh wow.

I look at Samara who's sitting beside Rajveer then at the whole family and realize how perfect they all look together. She fits perfectly in the family.

I sigh then turn away.

"ma ma",Kabeer starts crying as I put Kareem in the twin buggy first.

"Oh am sorry baby I didn't forget too",I chuckle at his jealousy of being the last one I picked up. I put him beside his brother then they automatically join hands.

"Where are you going Abimbola?",aunty asks me.

I turn around to find them all looking at me now.

"Taking us for some fresh air",I reply.

"Da Da",Kabeer calls.

Rajveer gets up and walks over. He completely ignored me and I was fine with that.

"Hey beta',he gives his sons a kiss each then ruffles their hair.

He wraps their blue blanket around each of them then puts back the shade.

"Its hot out"he says.

I don't say anything, I just let him ha e his moment with them. Once he was done he walks back to the table.

I take out my phone from my pocket and instantly start regretting smashing it on the wall. It's not broken but the smashed screen looks disgusting. I plug in my earphones then hand the boys their chewy toy and racing car each.

I put on Chris Browns song 'Tempo' then wheel the buggy out of the house.

***

"Kareem, Kabeer stop yelling",I shush the two who are literally screaming their heads off in a LIBRARY.

"We're in a library please keep quiet" I bend down and give them an angry look. Kareem stops but Kabeer starts crying. "Kabeer why are you crying now?",i ask as his lips tremble.

"Okay am sorry baby",I kiss him a few times and he stops crying fortunately.

"Damn girl",a voice calls.