(21) Spying Gone Wrong

Rajveer

"So how was your girls night?",mom asks Abimbola whoa helping her chop onions. Abimbola is teaching mom and Sarah and Amira how to make an Nigerian dish. They're making jollof rice and turkey and chicken and fish also. Viren, Aditya and Aisha are coming over, we're having a family dinner tonight.

"It was fun, Aisha really surprised me though, she came off to me as really shy but when she was with us she was more like us which made it more fun",Abimbola chuckles.

"So she was more like you?",Mom says.

Abimbola smiles then nods.

"Okay so what do we do next? The plums, onion, pepper are all blended",Sarah says pouring it into a bowl.

"So Amira get out curry, salt, thyme, Maggi and also the chicken stock",she orders to which Amira obeyed silently.

"You know aunty you don't have to learn this right. Its not like we're gonna let you be working here when Sarah and I are here",Abimbola says.

I look at her and smile at her words then notice dad, Musa and Luqman are also smiling at her words.

"Oh beta I can't sit idle either",mom smiles.

"In that case we need to find you something else to do that isn't chores. Today you can learn but your not stepping foot into the kitchen again well except to eat or drink water....mmm actually you'll be stepping foot into kitchen what am I saying",she blabbers to herself while giving herself confused looks which made mom laugh softly.

"Beta your my daughter in law, your like my daughter your not my slave or worker. Plus I get frustrated sitting idle",mom adds.

"Ah your opposite of African parents oh Lord they get frustrated idle and not idle and its crazy because they're mostly always idle",Abimbola stresses and we all laugh at her.

"Okay you can work but you'll teach me how to cook more Pakistani food right?",she asks to which mom nods happily.

She places a big pot on the stove then sighs.

"You know I've always actually imagined marrying into a Pakistani household but I never thought it'd happen"she says.

"Really?"Sarah asks

"Yeah I absolutely like adore your culture and outfits. Its amazing but I think I just developed the likeness because I watch too many Indian series and movies but look it helped because I can understand some of what you speak",she smiles proudly and the girls chuckle.

"I have no idea what you speak. Whenever you start speaking I think your rapping",Amira says.

"Your not the first to say. But I think that's just me in general. People say I speak top fast and even in English. It kinda annoys me but at the same time I gotta learn to speak slowly but its just so hard like because I've just been speaking like that my whole life, its like a part of me so imagine taking that away eeee" she shudders at the thought then smiles.

"Your weird",Sarah shakes her head.

"People say that a lot but being weird is what my lovely Raj loves...right sweety",she smirks and winks at me.

"Oh my Hod babhi not you too",Amir let's out a groan of disgust when everyone else burst out laughing.

"And no I do not like you or your weirdness",I shrug.

"Oh really? So you wasn't begging me to stay last night and not go out with the girls because you wanted MW to yourself? Huh?".

"Hey",I gasp loudly then throw the couch cushion at her when everyone starts laughing at me.