Realization(40)

Rajveer

That's his room", Samara leads me into the hospital room which her dad is being treated in. We walk in then stop at the entrance upon hearing uncle crying with aunty. 

"Who is going to marry her? She's devoted her entire life in taking care of us. What kind of father am I? My daughter is going to be 30 soon and I haven't even gotten her a suitable suitor. The only thing I want before leaving is for her to get married. Rajveer was my best option but he's now married. What do we do now Neelam?". He just kept crying. 

Me? He wanted me to marry her?

"Mama Baba",Samara calls. They both look up. 

"Raj". Aunty stands up quickly and wipes her tears. 

"Asalam Alaykum aunty, uncle". I greet them. 

"Walaykum Salam beta". They both smile. Aunty kisses my forehead then Samaras.

"How are you feeling uncle?".

"Alhamdulilah, am fine. Hope you and your family are well". Uncle smiles a  little. 

"Alhamdulilah".

We catch up on things, I tell them about my wife and kids, business etc. Gotta say I missed them. Aunty used to make some bomb Biryani. It was my favourite. I used to go to their house just to eat that. She always had it prepared for me too. 

"Baba you know you don't have to keep talking about marriage and death. Don't worry you'll still be here to watch me get married", she says kissing his hand. 

"Don't say it like your so sure. When your not Allah. Am not scared to die, I just want to leave you in safe hands, that's what I have been praying to Allah for". Uncle says then he glances at me and smiles.  I just look down and don't say anything. 

******

"Thank you for today". Samara whispers to me as we entered the house. Everyone is seated in the living room watching Dr. Zakir Naik's lectures. 

"Your back", mama says. 

"Yeah. aunty and uncle said to greet you and baba", I greet her and baba then the rest who nod. 

Abimbola picks up Kareem and stands up while Kabeer is sleeping in Aditya's arms. She does't say a word. She just picks up her car keys, the car seat and places Kareem in. She takes Kabeer from Aditya and places him in beside his brother. 

"Where are you going?", I ask her. 

"Why should you care where am going? What I do or where I go should not and does not concern you now can you move out my way",she snaps. 

"why you always ready to start something. It was a question", I shake my head. 

"I care because? Did you bother to tell me where you was going this morning? huh?". 

Kareem starts crying while kicking around. I bend down to pick him up when Abimbola quickly picks up the car seat and walks out towards the door leaving me bent down. I watch her as she left then hum. I stand up then look at Aditya and Viren who both get up. We walk up  to my room. 

"He said that?". Viren hums. I nod then lay in bed beside Aditya who's staring at the ceiling. 

"Well there's no way you can marry her. Even I don't accept. Plus babhi would never accept".Aditya shrugs.

"Maybe if you explain to her why",Viren shrugs. 

"NO WAY. Raj I don't know if you notice or not but your treating babhi so unfairly, ever since Samara has come into this house you've been distancing from babhi, you yell at her, make her cry and just treat her so badly. Maybe that's why your business has been going downhill. Haven't you realized that ever since she's been upset with you, your business hasn't been doing well. It's like she has a special time that she prays for you and your success but stopped when she hasn't been happy with you...... don't know". Aditya sits up and sighs.

I let what he just said sink in for a few minutes. Is the hour after Fajr the time she prays for me? He's right. Ever since she stopped praying at that time in particular, my business has been really slow, stressful and one or another thing is being damaged.

"I think your right Aditya"I whisper. 

"Whar part?", Viren asks me confusedly. 

"Everything. Abimbola usually has this hour after Fajr that she uses to pray. She starts same time and finishes same time. Ever since Samara came here, she's stopped praying at those times and my business has also been stressing me".I explain to them. 

"Babhi has been the reason your business has been increasing tremendously then. It is known that a wife's prayer for her husband is always accepted. She's upset with you and hurt. You need to finf out if thats what is actually happening. Appease her and make her happy", Viren tells me. 

I nod without question then we just lay in bed and discuss about Adithya and Rianna's wedding.