Chapter 2

"Mom, I'm home!"

The older woman I had called for wanders out from the kitchen, a white rag in her grasp while she cleans what appears to be a plate.

"Oooh, my little baby is home!" She coos, gestures for me to follow her into the kitchen. I enter the small room, the smell of fresh baked cookies and cupcakes fills the air. I sink into one of the bar stools while my mom continues to decorate the small vanilla flavoured cupcakes.

"So...how was school?"

I shrug, "so, so."

I watch her bite her lower lip, an expression I wasn't quite sure of flashes in her eyes before it's gone, replaced with the happy rectangular smile that I identically possess from her.

"Taehyung?" She places the small cupcake she had in her hand in front of me, urging for me to eat it which I happily take, munching slowly as I lick my lips since some icing managed to get onto them.

I watch her sigh, her eyes closed for a while before reopening them, her hands rest against the counter while she leans forward letting me take in her appearance better. A bead of sweat could be seen against her forehead, her eyes appear darker than usual what with the large bags underneath them. Her hair was pinned back into a loose ponytail with strands of hair framing her face as she wore her favourite baking apron.

"...how would you feel about moving into the dormitories at school?"

I blink, a blank expression taking over my face.

"W-what?" I stutter, she slopes forward wiping away the small trace of icing the was smeared next to the corner of my lips before proceeding on.

"Honey. Listen, your father and I...well...we've been working very hard to provide for you." I keep quiet letting her continue.

"...we haven't been very...happy lately, we decided we would take a break from our busy schedules to go for a well needed holiday."

I slouch back in my chair,

Wow, I didn't even know my parents weren't happy with each other...I guess I was so absorbed in my own life problems to even care about theirs.

That thought alone caused a heavy weight to crush down on my chest.

How could I be so selfish?

"Why can't I stay here?" My eyebrows frown while my lips curve downwards.

"We don't want you to get lonely, at least if you were staying in the dormitories you would have a roommate to keep you company." I suck in my lower lip, biting at it between my teeth.

"Look honey, I know it's asking for a lot but please, I really do need this break." She begs with her eyes that held so much sadness. Before I know it, I'm nodding, agreeing to her proposal. Her lips break out into a wide smile, showing off her pearly white teeth.

"Oh thank you so much sweetie! I'll make it up to you, I promise. I'll go phone the school right now to see if they still have that opening for you." She explains before rushing out the kitchen to have the phone call. I sit there, watching the door she just left through.

Am I really gonna move into the school dormitories?

~*~

"Wow! I can't believe you're moving into the dormitories. Oh! Maybe you might get Jungkook as a roommate, wouldn't that be fun?" Jimin shrieks from the other end of the line. I wince at the pitch he was using, moving my phone away from my ear before slowly returning it.

I definitely hope I don't get Jungkook as a roommate, he isn't exactly the welcoming type.

"Yeah." I mutter, already upset that Jimin was talking about Jungkook.

"So, when do you move in?" Jimin asks, I recall back to earlier, the conversation I had with my mom, "the day after tomorrow."

"Wow! That soon?!" I nod my head but then realise that he can't see me. "Pretty much."

"Anyway I've gotta go, I'm meeting up with Jungkook and Yoongi." I frown at his words, "okay. See you tomorrow."

"Bye." And with that he hangs up. I wasn't really surprised that he was going to go see Jungkook, he is his boyfriend after all,

but Yoongi?

Jimin was never the type to hang around with Yoongi, well not to my knowledge anyway. I sigh, climbing underneath my sheets, it was around 9pm but I had nothing better to do. I had already finished all my homework and was in no mood to start packing so I fell asleep instead.

~*~

The next day, I walk past the large gates that led off to the dormitories, my eyes skimming over the large bricked building. An odd shiver grows over me as though moving into these dorms were going to cause me more trouble than luck.

Oh how right I was, but unaware of what really awaited me in the future.