Chapter 48

I never, in my life thought I would find myself in this kind of situation.

I glance between both males, a sense of judgemental stares were coming from the pair of them as I keep my eyes casted downwards.

"I don't really see what the big issue is..." I trail off but knew right off the bat that it was the wrong move to make.

"Not a big issue?!" Mr Kim barks, his face was turning a few shades of red as he slams his hand down on the table.

I jump at the noise, hearing Namjoon try to calm his boyfriend since people in the cafe were looking at us.

I peak up through my lashes, seeing Mr Kim take a deep breath before continuing, "Taehyung, you can't just avoid school whenever you feel like it. You're going to be going into your final year soon."

"Mr Kim I-"

"-And what have I told you about calling me that outside of school, please just call me Jin hyung already." He mumbles, picking up his cup of coffee before taking a sip.

"Tae, we're just worried that's all." Namjoon steps in, giving me a look of sadness. I feel bad for worrying them...

But seriously, what is this!? Are they my parents or something?! Why does it feel like I'm being scowled at?!

"It's okay." I give them a smile, "I promise to work really hard on my studies from now on."

The couple glance sideways at each other before staring back at me. "You know Taehyung..." Jin scratches his neck in a rather awkward manner. "I was wondering...did you skip with anyone else yesterday?"

I didn't want to lie so I nodded my head. Namjoon perks up at this, "who?" I blink, confused as to why the pair were acting so...strange?

"Uhh, Jungkook and Hoseok hyungs." Jin grumbles under his breath, something along the lines of, 'those dumb assholes need to get their asses back in school before I kick them.'

"You've been spending an awful lot of time with those two lately." Namjoon mumbles, a hint of sadness in his voice.

I feel bad, leaning forward across the table so that my hand can rest over the top of Namjoon's. "I'm sorry, they were only trying to cheer me up and comfort me like a good friend of mines has done before."

The light brunette's cheeks flare a tinge of pink while a huge grin dances on his lips. I could tell he really cares for me, he's like a big brother to me.

Jin looks between us, a confused stare in his eyes. I guess he wasn't reading between the lines. We continue on with a short chat, Namjoon told me that we were going to hang out near the end of this week and he wouldn't take no for an answer.

Naturally, I agreed, happy to be placing myself around people who want me. I had to distract myself, if I'm distracted then I can't think about him.

I was busy taking a sip of my juice through my straw when Jin hyung decided to ask a question.

"Taehyung?" His voice trails off slightly like he was in a deep thought. "Hmm?" I hum while my lips are still wrapped around the blue straw.

"Did you ever think that maybe Jungkook and Hoseok like you? As in like-like you?" I accidentally choke on my drink while my eyes grew wide. "W-WHAT?!"

I watch as Jin hyung jumps up in his seat with a howl. He glares over at Namjoon who's busy looking at me with a small smile on his lips.

"Don't listen to Jin," Namjoon leans in closer so that he can whisper in my ear, "he's been overworking himself lately with tests and that so he doesn't know what he's taking about."