Chapter 40

"I...don't love Jimin anymore like that." I silently judge myself for not being completely honest.

Yoongi's lips break out into a huge smile...well that's what I think, I can't really make out due to the darkness. "Really?!" His voice sounded a few pitches higher before I hear him let out a deep cough, returning it to its normal tone. "Oh, really?"

I was taken back, "umm...yeah." I mutter, slightly confused.

"So you don't mind if I do this then?" His voice was a few octaves lower than usual.

What on earth is he talking about?

Before I can ask what he's going to do, a bright light enters the room. I squeal, shielding my eyes with my hands.

"Tae we've gotta problem!" I hear a voice shout, my eyes were still clammed shut but I recognise that voice anywhere.

"Jungkook?" I question, slowly reopening my eyes. There at the door stood an out of breath brunette, his chest was rising and fallen.

I glance over at Yoongi, who I was now sitting beside, on his bed. His dark, glaring orbs were fixated on Jungkook, piercing him with a stare.

Both boys were silent, their eyes not leaving each other. "Uhhh...Jungkook? What's going on?"

The dark brunette glances over at me, a faint smile on his lips before it turns serious, too serious for my liking.

"I overheard Miss Ryu, she knows you're keeping an animal in this building. I heard her talking to one of the other teachers and she's going to expose you both this Friday."

My eyes widen in shock.

I knew it! I know that she knew. I could sense it with the way she spoke to me but in the back of my head I was hoping that maybe she was just trying to scare me.

The small pup woke up at this point due to all the commotion going on. She happily hops onto my lap, licking at my face to which I giggle, "s-s-stop!"

I could feel intense eyes on me but ignored them, petting Maya instead.

"What should we do?" I mumble, remembering that no one had called me to take Maya in, it was rather sad. If I could, I would've taken her in myself but my parents aren't even home, I couldn't keep her locked up all day at home while I stay here, it just wouldn't be fair to her.

All my friends couldn't take her on either. Yoongi told me his parents don't particularly get on with him, Jungkook's family weren't financially stable to take in a dog and Jimin's mom is allergic to dogs.

I had yet to ask Namjoon but knew I would only be getting my hopes up.

"We just need to find her a home before the end of the week." Jungkook tries to calm me, I sigh, hugging the little husky closer to my chest.

"We can talk more tomorrow, I think you should leave now before you get us into more trouble." Yoongi growls at Jungkook. I frown at his sudden behaviour.

"Fine but we're talking about this first thing tomorrow before school." Jungkook mumbles, taking his leave and closing the door.

It's only when he goes that I realise how close I am to Yoongi. "Oh, sorry hyung!" I squeak, jumping off from his bed with Maya still in my grasp.

"I should probably get to sleep," I suggest, wanting to put this ugly night behind me and hopefully avoid any awkwardness between Yoongi and I, especially after the whole crying thing earlier.

I take off my shoes and snuggle into bed since I was in lounge wear anyway. I place Maya to my side, letting her cuddle into the soft, fluffy pillows.