Chapter 26

Taehyung's POV

"Maya! Here girl!" I pat my thighs while whistling for the small puppy to come closer.

It had been a week since the accident, I was just getting used to others touching me again, it sorta scared both Jimin and Hoseok when I told them but they understood I just needed time.

Yoongi has been a bit of a helicopter parent lately, instead of going out drinking, partying and sleeping with other people, he's been staying in the dorm with me. I felt weird being around the older boy so much, the more we spent time together, the more my emotions would twist and knot in my stomach.

I found out that the husky I saved is a girl, she didn't have a name so after a long time of pondering over what to call her, excluding all the awful names Yoongi kept giving her like coconut and marshmallow, honestly I just think he was hinting that he was hungry. We ended up agreeing to the name Maya, when I first brought her to the dorm, I had to hide her by placing my jacket over her face and body to cover her up completely and so she's out of sight.

"Tae, you know we can't keep her forever," Yoongi states as he comes out of the bathroom, shirtless and has a towel on his head while he rubs his hair with it.

I avert my eyes from Yoongi's lean frame, slightly blushing at how soft his skin looks. "I know," I whisper but somehow I'm struggling with the idea of giving her up. I'm scared I'll give her away to someone like those people before again.

I never want that to happen.

Yoongi sighs while he walks over to his wardrobe to throw on a black tee, "look I know you care about her but we seriously can't get caught and I'm sick of having to pick up her shit cause we can't take her out often for walks." He huffs, a grimace look on his expression.

"It's no way for a dog to live, she should be able to go for long walks and not have to be hidden." I couldn't agree more with him, he's right but I felt selfish, I felt like everyone will hurt her if I let her go to a new home.

"Just think about it, alright?" Yoongi mumbles, moving over to his bed as he lies back. "Anyway enough of that talk, I think it's time we have a little chat about something you've been avoiding." He closes his eyes, his arms propped behind his head.

My lips turn into a pout as I sit crisscrossed on the floor, Maya walks around me in circles while she tries to catch the ball that Jungkook bought for her.

"What are you talking about?"

I watch him peer one of his dark eyes open before closing it again, a small smirk dancing on his lips, "the fact that you like Jimin." He almost sneers.

I freeze.

Honestly the last few days I haven't really been thinking of Jimin as much, yeah I still like him, he is my first love after all even if we're only ever been best friends. I'll never fully be over him but I guess I can finally say my feelings for him have faltered a little...just a little.

"I don't," I mumble, my eyes watch Maya as she climbs onto my lap and lies down, expecting me to clap her which I do so.

"Oh?" Yoongi teases, dragging the word out in a mocking like manner, "you're still gonna deny it even if it's noticeable?"

I sigh, no longer interested in this conversation anymore. I couldn't even figure out my own feelings at this point so having Yoongi question me just makes me feel worse.

I couldn't possibly like him? Right? There's just no way.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door. I glance at Yoongi who gives me a knowing look that says 'bitch you get it.' I whine but nonetheless get up. Opening the door, I find Jimin, Jungkook and Hoseok behind the door with multiple white bags in their grasps.