Chapter 38

Author's Note

Can we all just take a minute to watch the video at the top and appreciate it, thank you.😍😍😍😍

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·

Jungkook and I walk quietly, side by side down the lone, dark street. It was late when we were making our way back to the dorms.

I would be lying if I said I want to go back to my dorm but at the same time, I wanted to see him. I miss him, it's crazy.

I knew that I had to stop these feelings for him, if it means that my best friend can be happy them I'm prepared to do so.

Maybe I'll even find someone else to love instead?

We were both quiet, our arms lightly brushing against each other. I lick my dry lips before speaking, "you know...thanks for today." I whisper loud enough for the other to hear.

I didn't look at his face but I knew he was smiling from ear to ear. "Anytime Tae," he answers back and my heart swells.

How did I manage to gain so many amazing friends, first Hoseok, then Namjoon and now Jungkook.

I spot the school building in view and knew my dread was beginning to bubble up. My footsteps become more clumsy and all over the place.

Right as we enter inside the premises, Jungkook pulls me aside so that we're standing off to the side of the pavement. I raise a brow, confused as to why the dark brunette would do that.

"Is something wrong?" I question, my lips curve downwards while my forehead creases. Jungkook just stares, his dark orbs fully inspecting my entire face.

I watch him gulp, he looks rather nervous like he's about to tell me something important. I feel his grip on my wrist tighten like he's afraid I'll suddenly disappear yet he still holds me like I'm some expensive piece of China that might break at any second if not being taken care of properly.

I feel a sense of slight awkwardness build around us due to the silence. I was confused, worried, scared.

What the hell is going on?

"Uhh...Jungkook?" The older snaps out of his trance, slowly letting to of me before scratching the nape of his neck. "I-uhh," he lets out a strange laugh that sounded almost humourless.

"I'm glad you're smiling now, Tae." He says simply yet I can't help but notice disappointment cross his expression.

Why is he disappointed? Does he really not mean that? Does he want me to be unhappy?

I felt confused but pushed my thoughts away. I think to much into things, I should know that Jungkook isn't like that, he wouldn't want to hurt me. After all he came to check up on me and took me out somewhere just to cheer me up.

"I hope you can take me with you again, next time you go training." I smile, remembering Jungkook telling me that he's taking up boxing again like he used to before dating Jimin. He explained that he was still highly active with it during the first two months into their relationship but gave it up since he didn't want to tell Jimin and make him worry. Plus the small blonde haired male was becoming suspicious as to why Jungkook couldn't hang out sometimes, thinking that maybe the older was cheating on him.