Chapter 34

"Did you even get any sleep last night, Taehyung?" Namjoon questions, inspecting my face. We were both sat at the breakfast table, munching on some cereal. It was only the pair of us in the house since Namjoon didn't have any siblings and his parents were already at work.

I gulp down my food, avoiding Namjoon's stare, "of course I did." I mumble, "even if it was only 5 minutes."

Namjoon sighs, finishing his food before waiting on me. I take small spoonfuls, no longer hungry due to the whole issue from yesterday and then that thought, that one God damn thought that's been bothering me all night.

Do I love him? I mean I care a lot about him, he's like a brother to me...or more? Why are feelings so confusing?!

"What's with the face?" Namjoon asks, chuckling a little at my twisted up expression. I lick my lips, peering over at the brunette.

"Why are feelings so confusing?" I murmur, not even realising I'm speaking my own thoughts out loud now. Namjoon seems taken back by my question, frowning his brows together while thinking it over.

"Human beings are very complex things, I'm taking it you have feelings for someone but you aren't sure?" I was shocked.

How did he did know?

My surprised and bewildered expression must have been enough for the taller boy to answer my question. "I've been there before," he simply states.

"You have?"

He nods his head, "yup, couldn't decide whether I liked the person or that I was just going crazy."

"H-how..." I stutter, "how did you figure out whether you like them or not?"

Namjoon chews on his lower lip, an awkward laugh escaping between his teeth. "Well I did something stupid."

I frown, "what?"

He gazes away, a small smile playing on his lips, "I kissed them to see if I felt anything."

Instantly I feel my cheeks heat, I shake my head viciously, "no way! I can't do that!!"

"Maybe you don't like them like that then," I sat there for a moment.

Yeah Namjoon's right, I'm probably just over thinking everything...or am I?

~*~

I ended up spending the full day with Namjoon and eventually opened up enough to tell him the reason I was in the streets was because of Yoongi. I told him that he was hooking up with someone again, I didn't tell him who or that I had some form of friendship with that person, just that it was a random person who was with Yoongi.

Namjoon is a really good listener, he sat for an hour just listening to me sob on about Yoongi, how I felt angry and annoyed that he would do that.

The brunette comforted and suggested that I could stay for another night but I had to go back to my dorm on Monday, after school. I took the offer, feeling happy that Namjoon was the one who helped me out.

It was late into Sunday evening, the pair of us were lounging on the couch watching reruns of old TV shows.

Namjoon turns to me while I continue to stare at the screen, "Tae don't you think it's about time you turned your phone back on yet?"

I shake my head, I knew that Yoongi, maybe even Jimin would have tried to get in contact with me and I just didn't feel like talking to either of them right now.

The brunette sighs but doesn't push on, he knew I was having a hard time. I yawn, stretching my arms once the show is over and Namjoon proposes we head up to bed since it's Monday tomorrow.