Chapter 9: Them again?

"HATO," I heard Reiner yell.

I yawned as I opened my eyes slowly. I couldn't figure out where I was, so I decided, me being me, to fall back asleep. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep. That didn't last long.

"HATO," I heard Reiner yell again.

I suddenly felt the blanket under me get pulled away. Of course, because I was on top of it, I was sent flying. When I landed, I landed on my back on the hard 'ground'. I jolted up and rubbed my back while trying not to cry out in pain. I opened my eyes and looked over at Reiner, who was holding my blanket with an angry look on his face.

"Finally," he said.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I yelled at him.

"Would you lower your voice. The Survey corpse are coming closer and we don't want them to know our exact location."

I looked at him and pouted.

"Fine," I said," But you owe me bread sticks."

Reiner sighed.

"And how do you expect me to do that?"

I sighed and started to cry anime tears.

"I see your point," I pouted.

"Come on," said Reiner.

I stood up and followed Reiner over to where Bertholdt and Armin were. Armin was still tied up and was still treated like a prisoner by Reiner and Bertholdt. I, on the other hand, try to treat him like a friend. Let me just say, it's hard because of Reiner and Bertholdt. We walked around on the edge of the wall until we got to where the gate was. And when I say gate, I mean the gate that was kicked down by Bertholdt in his titan form. Oh yeah, Armin told me what happened.

"Stay here Hato," said Bertholdt.

"Okay," I said sadly.

Reiner turned around and grabbed Armin. He then kneed him really hard in the stomach. Armin collapsed on the ground and started coughing up blood while I stood there with a shocked/ scared anime face.

"REINER," I yelled.

"Shut up and stay here," said Reiner.

Reiner grabbed Armin and jumped off the wall with Bertholdt leaving a very angry me. When they were out of sight, I sighed and looked out at the other side of the district. I sighed again when I saw the green streaks of smoke at the gate.

"Oh boy," I said to myself.

I grabbed my hood and brought it over my head. I then pulled out a random pocket knife that Bertholdt let me borrow it for self defense. I looked out at the town for a while before hearing the sound of 3DMG on the other side of the wall. I froze. There were multiple people using the 3DMG, and they were close. I walked backwards very slowly as I observed my surroundings. No one was near. I let my guard down slightly. I was on a higher elevation then them. They couldn't sneak up on me that easily, right?

Oh boy, was I wrong.

I suddenly heard the sound of footsteps coming from behind me. I froze up again. Man, I need to stop freezing up, don't I? Before I could even turn around, I heard the sound of a blade sliding across metal and I felt the tip of the blade on the back of my neck. I was scared, but I didn't move.

"What are you doing here?" I heard a very cold voice say.

The voice was too familiar. I still didn't move. I was scared. Not of the guy behind me, but the fact that I was on the very edge of the wall and someone wasn't letting me back up. I'm so screw right now aren't I? When I calmed down a little, I tried to turn around.

"HI!" I heard someone scream happily behind me.

OK, THAT scared me. I was now trying not to fall of the wall because I'm leaning over the edge with only one foot on the ground. I swung my arms around, trying to stay up and trying not to look clumsy, which didn't work, when I suddenly felt someone grab my hood and pull me back up to a safe spot on the wall. When I finally got to a safe spot, I collapsed.

"That was scary," I said with anime tears on my face.

I looked up at the two people that were behind me and immediately recognized then. One was the shorty from the other day and the other was, if I remember correctly, squad leader Hanji. I sighed when I saw them.

"HEY, sorry about that. I got excited," said Hanji.

"I forgive you," I said, still with anime tears.

I suddenly felt myself get lifted up in a hug. I looked at Hanji to see she was hugging me and spinning around.

"You are SO CUTE," she squealed.

"You're going to suffocate her Hanji," said shorty (Sorry, I'm not doing his nickname for her. Just imagine it's there).

"Oh, sorry," she said while letting me go," It's just I've never seen someone like you before. Your hair, eyes, and clothes are different. Plus she's shorter then you, shorty."

I looked at her angrily.

"Did you just call me short?"

Hanji looked at me confuse, then she started to laugh.

"So, what's your name?" she asked eagerly.

"Um..."

"Her name is Hato," answered shorty.

"Hm, you mean you've met her before?"

"She was with Reiner and Bertholdt when they attacked our camp. She was up in the tree above you."

"Wait, you knew I was there. Stalker," I said the last part in english.

"What was that?" asked shorty.

"Nothing," I said innocently.

Shorty sighed.

"Anyways, I only noticed her because I saw Bertholdt leave the branch she was on a few minutes before her. I followed her and caught her. But when I was about to bring her back to camp, Reiner came running through, grabbed her, and left."

"That's great, but how do you know my name?" I asked.

Before shorty could even say anything, we heard a loud explosion coming from the city behind us. I turned around to see a lot of smoke coming from the other side of the wall.

"Not again," shorty sighed.