Chapter 41: They're coming, heroes and villains

I looked down at my phone in my hands and sighed. Sometimes, I couldn't believe the things she said. But at least she helped me remember the most important thing about this world. It's an anime series called Attack on Titan, one of my favorites, and I somehow forgot about it.

As I thought about it for a second, the familiar sound of guns firing snapped me out of it. It was far away, but close enough to hear. I looked up from the city and out behind the wall that separated Wall Maria and the Shinganshina district. Beyond the wall was, exactly as I expected, were green streaks of smoke in the sky. I sighed in relief. They were coming. They did get my message.

I sat down on the wall and looked up. The sky was becoming a vibrant orange, telling me that it was already sun set. I sighed and laid down. The clouds rolled through the sky, going through the life they were given, like nothing was happening. At that moment, I felt like a cloud. It's weird, but I do. I felt like I was going through the day without a care in the world. I know I really shouldn't, but I couldn't help it. I was at a safe place, at that moment, and the sky was beautiful.

Suddenly, I felt homesick. Why I would feel homesick after 4 weeks was a mystery to me, at first. But once I thought about it, I haven't felt this care free ever since I left New York. I must have unconsciously realize this, so I started missing it.

I sighed, slid my phone back under the ribbon, and pulled my hands under my head.

"New York," I said," I can't believe I actually miss that place. The small apartment, Shadow, my channel...."

I sighed again and closed my eyes.

"But maybe it's not a good idea," I said," After staying here for so long, I may have trouble getting used to the city."

I thought for a second before opening my eyes.

"Maybe I should quiet my channel," I said," There's other stuff I could do anyways."

I looked up at the clouds before laying on my side and looking at one end of the wall.

"I heard marching band was fun," I said," And I also heard that things are nice in Ohio. Maybe I could start a new life there."

I sighed and rolled back onto my back and stared straight into the sky. A snicker escaped my mouth as I thought about it more.

"Like that would ever happen," I said to myself," There's no way I'll even be able to get back to New York."

I stared up at the sky a little longer before humming. After a few seconds, I started singing.

As I finished singing, the ground shook violently and lightning cracked. I bolted up into a sitting position and looked beyond the wall. Just as I expected, there was a giant, skinless face right in front of me. I stood up and stared it in the eyes.

"Did you really have to change into your titan form?" I asked.

"We had to," I heard a voice say from my right.

I turned my head to see Annie standing there, with cold, emotionless eyes.

"I'm sorry to say this, but we can't let you go," said a voice to my left.

I turned my head to the left and saw Reiner standing there, smirking. I snickered a little and backed up.

"I know I asked this yesterday, but why me?" I asked.

Reiner snickered a little.

"I think what you just did explains it," he said.

I though for second before laughing.

"Oh, that," I said," I'm pretty sure there are a ton of girls out there like me, so that's still not an excuse."

All three of them looked at me confused.

"Ton of girls?" asked Reiner," That's not what we meant. We meant people who ACTUALLY exist. Not in anime."

I snickered.

"What do you think we're in?" I asked.

Reiner and Annie's eyes widened while Bertholdt did nothing. I was now on the edge of the wall, heels hovering off of the edge. I was getting ready to jump at any moment, and Reiner realized this really quickly. He started walking up to me, making me lean back a little.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

I looked away and whistled.

"Nothing," I said," Now if you'll excuse me..."

Before they could say anything else, I jumped back.

"I really enjoyed jumping off of the wall last time, so I'm doing it again."

Reiner ran up to the edge of the wall and tried grabbing me, but I pulled the pocket knife out of no where and swiped it at him. His hand started bleeding, causing him to pull it back. I took this time to flip over and dive down the wall. The air blew against my face as the ground came under me quickly. Before I hit the ground, I flipped around and held my hands up into the air. I slowed down as I brought my arms down slowly. My feet hit the ground softly, putting me into a crouching position. I put my hands down on the ground and looked up. Reiner and Annie were on there way down, using the maneuvering gear to make sure they didn't die. I smirked and straightened one of my legs behind me.

"See ya," I said while launching myself through the gate.

I started running extremely quickly, making sharp turns throughout the district. I stopped when I was at a building that was almost completely in tact. I looked at it, then back at the wall. I was in the center of the district, which meant it would take a while before Reiner, Annie, or Bertholdt could catch up. I looked back at the house and walked in.

When I entered, my attention immediately went to a wooden door with a metal handle. I walked up to the door and opened it slowly. The door led to a stair case that went under ground. It was extremely dark, and was only lit up because of the open door. I placed my pocket watch behind the ribbon around my waist and pulled my phone out. I turned it on and turned on the flashlight on it. I pointed it in the direction of the staircase, illuminating it. The stairs went down for a while, so I couldn't even see the bottom.

As I took my first step onto the staircase, lightning cracked from the walls.

"Well, shoot," I said," Better start hiding."