Chapter 33: Injuries in the way

Sorry, no pic this time.

'Take me back?' I thought.

I looked at Levi with a confused look. Levi sighed and stood up.

"We shouldn't talk about this now," he said," We need to get ready for the next expedition."

Armin, Eren, and Mikasa nodded their heads and walked out of the room. Before Armin left, he turned his head around and gave me a reassuring smile. He then walked out the door, leaving me and Levi in the room. I looked at Levi, who was, for some reason, looking at me weirdly. I looked at him confused until he pointed at my cheeks. That's when I realized that I was blushing. I covered my cheeks and looked away from Levi.

"I'm guessing, since you remember now, that you have a crush on Armin?"

"What...Uh...No...What are you talking about?"

When I stopped blushing, I looked back at Levi. He looked at me with a very serious look.

"We have an expedition soon," he stated," And you won't be able to come with us."

I immediately sat up straight and looked at him with a bit of anger in my eyes.

"What? Why not?" I nearly yelled.

"Hato, look at yourself for a second. You're extremely injured and we don't want an injured soldier out on the battle field."

I sighed and jumped off of the bed, ignoring the huge amount of pain that I was in. I landed on my feet with no flaw and looked at Levi. He seemed really surprised by my sudden action. I walked up to him and looked at him with a serious expression.

"I'm perfectly fine," I nearly yell at him.

Levi stands up and looks down at me, as if I'm just a normal cadet, which I should be by now to them.

"I didn't ask if you were ok. I ordered you to stay here for the next expedition so that you don't get even more hurt then you already are."

Anger started to boil up inside of me, but I knew that he was right. I sighed and looked out the window. The sky was clear and people were walking around and training. I looked back at Levi, who was looking at the door.

"How about this," I said.

Levi looked over at me confused.

"You let me at least train with the other cadets for at least a little bit each day, and I'll stay in this room for the rest."

Levi looked like he was about to deny, but he sighed instead.

"I'll talk about it with Commander Erwin, but for now, get some rest. Some of your wounds haven't fully healed yet."

"Hai!"

Levi turned around and left the room, leaving me alone with just my thoughts. I slowly walked to the door and closed it, wanting this time to myself to help my mind catch up. I walked over to the desk and grabbed one of the books and examined it. It was a notebook that no one was using. It had a blue cover and the pages were all blank. I looked around the room and found my bag hanging at the edge of the bed. I walked over to it and started scavenging it for something. When I finally felt what I wanted, I pulled it out.

It was a new, sharpened, number 2 pencil. I smiled and walked over to the bed. I was about to sit down, when I caught sight of a mirror. I turned around, looked into the mirror, and gasped.

My hair was a mess and my body was covered in bandages. There was a bandage surrounding my head, covering my eye, and soaked with blood. I was still wearing the clothes from the day before, but they were covered in blood. I put the book and pencil onto the bed and slowly walked up to the mirror. When I was a few feet away from the mirror, I grabbed the part of the bandages that were over my eye and slowly rose them up. When I was able to see my eye, I gasped. It didn't look like it was scratched out or pocked out. It looked like someone stabbed my eye with a pair of scissors or a knife.

Suddenly, part of my dream came back to me. The ghost girl in the red dress at one point stabbed my eye with her scissors. I remember feeling a lot of pain when she did, but I didn't think it would affect my body physically. I mean, it was just a dream, right?

I lowered the bandages back over my eye and walked back to the bed. I slid onto it, picked up the book and pencil, and started drawing. Drawing help me relax and it allowed my mind to solve things that have been bothering me all day.

'Let's see,' I thought,' What exactly happened to me. I mean, those kidnappers wouldn't want to injure me this much. They wanted to sell me and I wouldn't be worth that much if I was this injured. Levi also said something about some people wanting to take me back. So. were they talking about...? No it wouldn't be them, but it could.'

I started getting a headache, so I stopped thinking about it and started focusing on the picture that I was drawing. After about a few hours, I heard someone knocking on the door.

"Come in!"

The door slowly opened. I looked up from my drawing and smiled.

"Hey Chelsea! Hey Anthony!"

Chelsea walked into the room and gave me a huge smile. Anthony followed and shut the door behind him.

"Hi Hato!" said Chelsea.

I looked at Anthony and smiled. He looked up from the ground, then looked away. His cheeks had a hint of pink on them.

"How are you?" I asked.

"We're fine!" said Chelsea," What about you?"

"In extreme pain that feels like I'm surrounded by a thousand suns, but other then that I'm fine."

Chelsea laughed and Anthony snickered a little. I smiled and looked out the window.

"So, about what happened," I started.

Chelsea stopped laughing and Anthony looked down on the floor.

"What exactly happened?" I asked.

Chelsea sighed and looked down.

"Remember how you and I were hanging out in the nearby field?"

I nodded my head. Then I remembered something.

"Well," said Chelsea," You noticed that someone was around and tried to tell me. But the knocked both of us out before we could do anything. When I woke up, I was in the infirmary. I asked Anthony what happened, and he said that they found me by the tree unconscious. When I told him about what happened, he panicked and told Levi. Levi then sent some soldiers out to find evidence, but only found my books and your purple ribbon. That's all they told us."

"Hey Chelsea," I immediately switched topics," Where did you get those books from?"

Chelsea and Anthony froze. They looked at me with fear in their eyes. Suddenly, Chelsea's eyes softened.

"The real question is," said Chelsea," Are you from the real world?"

Hello readers! How are you! I hope life is going amazing for you all because it is for me! Anyways, I'm debating on what my next fanfic should be. So if you want anything specific, please do tell me. Also, I would love it if you guys checked out my Madoka magic/ Fairytail crossover. I've worked really hard on that one and I want FEEDBACK.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I sure enjoyed writing it. Bye!