Chapter 17: Historia and Ymir

Sasha ran through the hallways while dragging me. She seemed really excited, for some reason. Is it because of those friends she wanted me to meet? Probably. When we got to the girls dorms, Sasha slowed down. I, of course, ran into her because I didn't expect her to stop. Sasha nearly fell over, but she managed to stay up. I, on the other hand, was on the ground rubbing my head because I almost fell on it. Sasha looked behind her and started laughing. She then pulled me up and dragged me to one of the rooms. When we got to the door, she let go of my hand and opened the door.

"Hey guys," she said happily.

"Hi Sasha! Where have you been?" asked someone.

"Yeah, you didn't have to make us wait so long," said another voice.

"Sorry, I was helping someone," said Sasha.

"Who?"

I slowly walked into the room and looked around. The room was small with four beds and window. The entire room was made of wood. I looked at one of the beds to see two girls. One with blond hair and blue eyes. She looked very peaceful and happy. The other girl had brown hair and grey eyes. She had a very annoyed look on her face for some reason.

When the two girls looked over at me, there eyes widened.

"You were helping HER!?" asked the brown haired one.

The one with blond hair looked over at the other.

"Don't be rude Ymir," she said.

Ymir sighed and walked over to where me and Sasha were. She looked at my hair, then my eyes, then my ribbon. She walked up to me and looked directly into my eyes. I looked up to her nervously, but kept my good posture. Suddenly, she laughed.

"So this is the girl that everyone is talking about? She doesn't seem like much," said Ymir.

The girl with blond hair walked up to Ymir and pushed her away from me.

"Sorry about her," she said," My name is Historia. What about you?"

"Hato," I said.

"That's a very nice name," she said.

Ymir sighed and turned around.

"I don't see what the fuss is about. She doesn't look like much," said Ymir.

"Well, if you asked her about her abilities you would think that," said Sasha," But when you ask other people, they'll tell you that she's able to kill titans without thinking about it."

Ymir looked over her shoulder.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because she saved my life and doesn't even remember," said Sasha.

Ymir looked a little surprised. She turned around and looked at me with a cold expression.

"What did she save you from, falling?"

Sasha nodded her head.

"And she killed 10 titans in the blink of an eye."

"Really!?" said Historia," That's amazing!"

"Uh, thanks I guess," I said.

Sasha smiled and looked out into the hallway.

"We should be getting to the mess hall now," said Sasha.

Ymir sighed and walked out of the room and Historia followed. Sasha was about to leave, before turning and smiling at me.

"Put your stuff on that bed."

Sasha pointed at a bed that looked like it hadn't been used in days. My bag was also on that bed, thank goodness. I walked over to it, put my new clothes on it, and walked out of the room with Sasha. Sasha closed the door behind us and followed Historia and Ymir to the 'mess hall', or what I like to call the cafeteria. We walked through the quiet halls as I looked out the window. The sun was about to set. I guess that means it's dinner time. I looked over at Historia and sighed.

"So what do you guys eat?" I asked.

"Oh, well...."

"Boiled potatoes, slice of meat, bread, and water. You got a problem with that newbie?" asked Ymir.

I sighed.

"No actually. And thanks for not calling me shorty," I said.

Ymir laughed.

"If I called you shorty, I'd be calling Historia short."

I looked at Historia and sure enough, she was a few inches shorter than me. Well, this is making my day. We continued walking to the mess hall when we heard someone yelling for us. We all turned around to see Hanji running towards us. When she caught up to us, she looked at me and smiled.

"Sorry to interrupt, but Hato, doyou mind coming out to where you saw me earlier tomorrow? I need to talk to you about a few things."

"Oh, I don't mind at all," I said.

"Thanks, see you later."

Hanji then ran away as we neared the door to the mess hall. Ymir walked up to the door and opened it. Suddenly, I felt a sharp gaze coming from the mess hall. I turned my head to see all eyes were on me. I started to get nervous as Ymir walked in. Sasha ran in, ready to have some food. Historia looked at me and smiled.

"Come on," she said.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me into the mess hall. As we passed by some people, I could hear whispering. People were whispering about me. They didn't seem to trust me at all for some reason. When I finally got my food, I sat down next to Ymir and Sasha. Sasha was drooling over a potato and Ymir was looking around at everyone.

"Doesn't seem like people really trust you yet," whispered Ymir.

I nodded my head. Suddenly, we heard the doors open and everyone looked away and started talking again. I looked at the doors confused to see Levi walking into the room. I gulped and finished my dinner quickly. When I finished, Levi was right in front of me.

"Hey brat," he said coldly.

I looked at him nervously.

"I need to talk to you in my office, now."

I nodded my head, got up, and put my tray away. I then followed Levi to his office, which was pretty close to Erwin's. When we got there, Levi opened the door to show a very clean office. I walked in after him and closed the door. I then turned around and looked at him.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about sir?" I asked.

"Hato," he said seriously," Are you sure that your not from the walls?"

I nodded.

"If I was, I would remember," I replied.

"I see," he said.

"Why'd you ask?"

"It's nothing."

"Ok," I said.

Levi turned away from me and walked to the other side of his office.

"You're going to be joining my squad when your done with Hanji."

"Ok," I said again," Is that all?"

Levi nodded his head.

"You may leave now."

"Ok. Thank you sir."

I opened the door and walked out of the room. As I closed the door, I caught a glimpse of Levi's face. A question suddenly came into my head when I did.

'Why does he look sad?' I thought.