Chapter 36: Lily, haven't seen you in a while

Hato's P.O.V.

"Oh my gosh," I said," I didn't know."

Anthony sighed and walked towards the door while Chelsea looked out the window.

"No one else knows," said Chelsea," We told one person, but she was killed."

"Really? Who was...?"

Before I could finish my sentence, Anthony interrupted.

"Come on Chelsea," he said," We have to go."

Chelsea nodded her head and stood up. She walked towards the door, but stopped when she was half way there.

"Here," said Chelsea as she threw something at me.

The item fell into my hands, causing me to gasp. It was my phone, and it was in perfect condition.

"Hanji told us to give it to you," Anthony explained," Apparently it was buzzing a lot when she had it, so she wanted you to figure it out."

"Thank you," I said," And goodbye."

"Bye!" said Chelsea as she left the room with Anthony and shut the door.

I sighed and picked up my phone. I turned it on and saw that I missed a million calls from Lily. I sighed again and turned it off.

"I'll call you back when the survey corps goes on the expedition," I said to myself.

I placed the phone on the bedside counter and laid down on the bed. I closed my eyes and let sleep slowly take over.

*Time skip one week*

Over the past week, and I've been training a little with my companions while they got ready for the expedition. During this week, I've also been able to grow closer to Chelsea and Anthony. They're really good people, they're just not that talkative. I also learned that Petra was the one that they were talking about when they said only one person knew. My first thought was that, of course, that was the only reason she knew about AmHierica in the first place.

I woke up slowly and looked outside. Everyone was leaving for the expedition, so I was going to be alone for a very long time. I looked over at my phone and decided that now was a good time to call Lily. I sat up and leaned against the wall. I grabbed the phone and turned it on. I sighed when I saw that Lily had called me 5 thousand more times since the last time I picked up my phone, which was about a week ago.

I called Lily and waited for about a few seconds before she picked up. To be honest, I was happy that she did. I missed her and Shadow, but I wasn't going to let it show. Not now at least.

"HATO!" she screamed as I pulled the phone away from my ear," WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! I'VE BEEN CALLING YOU FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS AND YOU NEVER PICKED UP!"

"I know," I said calmly," But you didn't need to call me five thousand times."

"BUT I WAS SO WORRIED!" she cried," AND SO MUCH HAS HAPPENED SINCE THEN!"

"I can tell," I said," Look, a lot has happened here to, so you don't have to act like the whole world is falling around you. If it was, I would already be dead."

Lily stopped talking, probably a little shocked.

"Hato, what happened to you?" she asked," You're never this serious."

I sighed.

"Do you mind face timing me for a second?" I asked," It might tell you a little more about what happened."

"Okay," said Lily," We haven't seen each other in about a month, so I might look different."

I snickered a little.