Chapter 53: Just as promised

Hato's P.O.V.

I sat down in the corner of my tent and looked at the three other people in your tent. Two of them were tied up in the corner, aka Historia and Ymir, and the other was just sitting next to me feeling really awkward, aka, Chelsea. We stay where we were, not saying a single word, as a small lamp hanging from the wall lit the small space.

"Um," said Historia, breaking the awkward silence," How have you guys been?"

"Mm, pretty decent," I said.

"Uh, cool," said Historia," What about you, Chelsea?"

"I'm not dead yet," she said," So good."

"Uh," Historia said with a weird look on her face that said she didn't know how to react to that," That's good, I think."

"So what about you two?" I asked," I mean, I know it's probably not that peaceful at HQ, especially since you train everyday and we left."

"Um, I'm not sure what to say," said Historia," Everyone is worried like crazy and haven't stopped panicking for the past couple of months. Especially Armin and Levi."

"Welp, that's expected," Chelsea and I said at the same time.

"Why are you acting so calm about this?" Ymir nearly yelled," You guys left without warning and didn't even leave a clue as to why. What were you thinking?!"

"Well we didn't exactly want to leave when we did, since we had just gotten back from an expedition and it would have thrown the Survey Corps for a loop ," Chelsea explained," But Haruhi told us that someone was coming, and this person was extremely powerful and dangerous. I didn't exactly understand it, but Hato seemed to understand all of it."

I nodded my head as Ymir and Historia looked at me curiously.

"I know who this person is," I explained," He's an extremely powerful person who will kill anyone that gets in the way of his goal. And well, I'm in the way."

Ymir and Historia looked at me shocked when they said that.

"Wait, so you left so that we couldn't also get in the way?" Historia asked.

"Correct," I said," He doesn't show mercy either. You're dead if you get in the way, and none of us want that. So we left to train and get stronger."

"I see," said Ymir," You're really not underestimating this guy, are you?"

I nodded my head. Suddenly, I realized something as a smile appeared on my face.

"Hey Ymir," I said happily," Remember when I said I would show you guys something?"

"Hm," Ymir said while looking at me," Yeah, I do. Wasn't it what you call anime?"

I nodded my head rapidly as I saw Chelsea smile from the corner of my eye.

"We get to watch anime tonight?" Chelsea asked.

I turned my head to look at her and nodded my head. Chelsea's smile grew bigger as she threw a fist in the air.

"YAY!" she beamed," What anime will we watch? Cells at work? Gakkou Gurashi? Lucky Star? Madoka Magica?"

"Those are all really great anime series," I said," But I think we need to show them one of those anime new Otakus watch first."

Ymir and Historia looked at us really confused as Chelsea thought about it for a second.

"Oh, I see," she said," So Fullmetal Alchemist, Durarara, or Assassination Classroom?"