Chapter 45: What is this dream?

The lightning bolt surrounded me in a bright white light. I closed my eyes, trying to keep the light out of my eyes, but all I could see was white. Suddenly, my body felt extremely light. I didn't know what was going on, so I tried moving my body. When that didn't work, I sighed.

When I felt my body getting heavy again, my vision darkened. I felt myself getting lowered slowly until my feet touched.... water? My feet touched the cold water, but didn't go any lower than the surface. I stood up straight and looked down. Under me was a reflection of a girl with long white hair and pitch black eyes. She was wearing a white Kimono with a black ribbon around it and a white eye patch over one of her eyes. Her hair was brought up into a bun that had a ponytail hanging from it. She was staring back at me with a very cold look. Even though it was cold, like ice, it told stories of suffering. She also, somehow, had the exact same tattoo as her.

The girl brought her hand up to a spot under her neck, which was covered by her kimono. She pulled something from under it and held it out under her/ towards me. She kneeled down and placed it on the water. Once the item touched the water, I could finally see what it was. And when I did, I gasped. It was the same golden locket I had just recently gotten from Haruhi.

And for some reason, until then, I didn't notice I was doing the exact same thing as the girl. My pendent was against her's, the small pink designs of each pendent touching. After a second, the small designs started to glow a soft pink. It kept getting brighter until it surrounded the pendent it self. I covered my eyes, trying to keep the light out of my eyes, but something stopped me. I looked down at the hand holding the pendent and gasped. It was the same hand with the swan tattoo, and it too was glowing.

A sharp pain went through that hand, making me open my mouth to cry in pain. No one would hear me cry, so I wasn't worried about that. But I was worried when no sound came out. I looked down at the girl and held my other hand out to her. She did the same. I thought I would touch either water or skin, but that thought was blown away when we did touch. When my hand touched the water, wind started blowing from that spot. It surrounded me and blew harshly, yet I didn't move.

The water around me was pushed towards me and started to surround me. It turned into a huge water bubble and started flouting up, with me in it. I gasped, trying to grasp the air that was left around me, but only water came into my lungs. The only part of my body that was left out of the water was my hand with the swan tattoo. It was still holding onto the pendent.

I looked down at where the girl was and tried to cry for help, but I stopped when water came into my lungs. Suddenly, I felt someone grasp my hand. I hadn't realized my eyes were closed until then, so I opened them and looked down. The girl was holding onto my hand, and she no longer had her pendent.

The water around me opened up, allowing me to take a deep breathe, before it surrounded both me and the girl once more. She kicked her legs and swam up to me. Her eyes became soft as she got in front of me. The girl held her other hand out to me and smiled. I looked at her confused, but I took it. Suddenly, the girl started to glow. I looked at her shocked and tried to pull away, but her grip was strong. Before I knew it, I was in the light as well.

Pain started filling my entire body, exactly like the time I became a magical girl. I tried to cry again, but like last time, nothing came out. When the pain disappeared, I closed my eyes and sighed with relief. When I opened them again, I noticed something weird. The girl was gone and in her place was a feather with the same design as my pendent. I reached out to touch it, but immediately noticed that I was wearing a different outfit. It was the same outfit as what the girl was wearing. Then it hit me.

I was that girl.

I reached my arms out and cupped my hands under the feather. The feather slowly flouted down into my hands. Suddenly, the pendent started glowing softly, causing the feather to just float on it.

My lungs started hurting like crazy, making me realize that I was about to drown. I wanted to swim up, but something was keeping me from doing so. I looked around and noticed that there were chains surrounding my hands and legs. I started to panic as my vision started getting blurry, but then I froze. There was a weird sound that was getting louder every second. It sounded like flames, but I wasn't too sure of that theory.

Suddenly, the water bubble exploded into millions of water drops. I started to fall, but something kept me up. I looked under myself to see what it was and gasped.

It was a ring of fire.

I slowly sat up, still holding the feather, as the ring slowly lowered me back down onto the water's surface. When my legs touched the water, it disappeared. The water was replaced with dirt and rocks. When my body landed on that, I winced in pain. I hadn't realized how injured my body was until then, but I quickly ignored it.

I looked up from the ground, curious as to where the fire came from. I looked around until my eyes landed on four silhouettes. From how far away they were, I couldn't make out who they were. All I knew was that there were 3 guys and a girl. The girl and one of the guys were kids, which was pretty much easy to figure out, but that was about it.

I tried to stand up, but I then realized that I was still being held down by the chains. Suddenly, my body felt light again. My eyes started to close, and my body was being lifted up. I looked back over at the silhouettes, trying to send them a signal that said help. The girl started running towards me, one arm out and hand open. I reached out towards her as my body felt lighter. Just as she was about to grab my hand, I blacked out.