Chapter 44: Sniper rifle vs titan shifters, who would win

Historia, Ymir and I flew over to a nearby building and hid behind the chimney. I leaned back on the chimney, my sniper rifle creating the only gap between, and looked at Ymir. She was looking around, making sure there was nobody around. I looked over at Historia. She was looking at me with a weird look. My eye started filling with curiosity.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

Historia shook her head.

"It's nothing," she said," I just realized that, even when you're in a lot of pain, you haven't stopped fighting."

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said," I was just wondering why, that's all."

"I see," I said," Well, I'm not 100% sure why I do it. To be honest, I'm guessing it's part of my past that makes me that way."

Historia sighed and looked down.

"I see," she said.

I looked at Ymir who was still looking around, then at Historia. She still looked really troubled by something, but I knew she wouldn't tell me. It was obvious that me being in pain and still fighting wasn't the thing that troubled her. In fact, I knew that it was just the job of a soldier to do this. Go through the pain and not retreat, but I could be doing it over expectations.

I felt someone tap my shoulder, causing me to turn around.

"Everyone is near Eren, Reiner, Annie and Bertholdt," said Ymir," So we should be good to go. They're all also no longer in their titan form."

I nodded my head as we walked around the corner. From there, we flew over to a nearby tower and landed on the roof. When we did, I kneeled down and checked the amo in the sniper rifle while Ymir looked at what I was doing.

"By the way," she said, causing me to look up at her," What even is that?"

"It's a sniper rifle," I said.

She looked at me confused.

"A sniper what?"

"Sniper rifle," I said again," They're guns that were made to shoot really far. But it's kinda difficult to use."

"Really?" she asked, while looking at the gun," I guess it does look hard to use."

I was about to respond, but was immediately interrupted by Historia, who was pointing at Reiner.

"This seems like a good spot to shoot," she said.

I looked at where she was pointing and walked over to it. I laid down and looked over at Reiner. After a minute, I smiled.

"Perfect!" I beamed.

I placed the gun down and aimed it at Reiner. After a few minutes of aiming, I laid my finger on the trigger. I slowly pulled my finger back, causing a loud bang to echo throughout the district. Ymir and Historia covered their ears while I watched the target. After a few seconds, a gash appeared on his side. Reiner grabbed his side as blood started pouring out of the gash. I sighed, disapointed that I didn't hit his leg, while Ymir looked out at where Reiner was. A smile appeared on her face while Historia paniced.

"What did you just do?" asked Historia while panicing in an anime style.

"Who knows!" said Ymir," But whatever she did seems to have affected Reiner horribly! Nice job!"

Ymir punched me lightly in the arm, causing me to smile and rub were she punched.

"Well, I could have done better," I said.

"Hey!" Historia nearly yelled," This isn't something to be HAPPY about. You just hurt someone."

I looked at her confused.

"Uh, don't we always?" I asked," And stop panicing like you're an anime character."

Historia stopped panicing and looked at me confused, so did Ymir.

"What's an anime?" asked Ymir.

I looked down, trying to figure out what to say. When I did, I surprised myself.

"You know what," I said," I'll show you when we get back to HQ. But we need to stay quiet or else I'm dead."

Ymir sighed and looked back over at Reiner.

"That's fine with me, but...."

She stopped right there, making me confused. I looked up at her, about to ask what was wrong, until I saw her eyes. They were wide and had a bit of fear in them.

"Hey Ymir, what's...."

"We've been spotted," she said while turning around," RUN!"

I looked over at Reiner, only to get blinded by a lightning bolt. Immediately, I knew what was happening, so I got up and swung the gun into my bag. I turned around and ran after Ymir and Historia, who were on the roof of a nearby house. Because the elevation of that house was lower then the tower's, I knew that I was able to jump off and land on the roof. So I jumped, but the landing was a little more difficult than I thought. Why is that, you may ask. Well, here's why.

Reiner punched the tower that I was originally standing on while I was in mid-air, causing me to flip around. As I spun around, my sniper rifle slid out of my bag. But because my hands were under me, I grabbed it as it fell. When I landed on the roof, it was on my back and my head was on the edge of the roof. I nearly yelped when I landed, but held it in. I, being the stubborn person I am, was not going to let others know that I was in pain.

"Hato!" Historia cried.

"Hey, are you okay?" asked Ymir.

"Yeah," I said," I'm fine."

Historia sighed and looked up at Reiner, so did Ymir and I. He was staring down right at me, anger filling his eyes. I looked at him with a nervous look, but I didn't let it show.

"Uh," I said," We're in danger, aren't we?"

Before the others could respond, Reiner started leaning towards us. His arm was out in front of him and his hand was wide open. As it went to grab me, Ymir grabbed the back of my shirt and threw me over her shoulder. She and Historia used their gear to fly away just as Reiner closed his hand. I sighed in relief and looked at Ymir.

"Thank you!" I beamed.

Ymir smirked at me.

"Don't mention it," she said," Now why don't you not be lazy and shoot him!"

I nodded my head and pulled my arms up. I looked over at Reiner and held the gun up in front of me. I aimed and shot at him multiple times as Ymir and Historia flew through the district. Reiner kept trying to grab me, but every time he was about to, Ymir made a sharp turn. Unfortunately, after a few minutes her gear ran out of gas. Same with Historia. This caused the three of us to fall towards one of the destroyed buildings. Ymir hit the back of her head, causing her to black out, and so did Historia. My back landed on a very sharp rock, causing me to bleed. My body slid against the concrete, making me nearly black out.

I laid down on the ground as Reiner came up to us. I slowly pushed myself up from the ground, ignoring the pain, and tried grabbing my gun. But then I realized that my gun was behind Reiner, who was right in front of me. I looked up at him as he reached down to grab me. Anger suddenly boiled inside of me as I made a move that I don't even remember. But I do know that this move caused a giant lightning bolt to come from the sky and land on me.