Chapter 42: Survivor, or messenger?

I closed the door behind me, slowly and quietly. When the door was shut, I shined the flashlight on my phone down the stairs. I slowly started walking down it, trying to keep my steps a quiet as possible. After a few minutes, I finally reached the final steps of the stair case. When my feet hit the ground, candles all over the room started lighting up. I turned my phone off, since I didn't need it anymore, and looked around.

The walls and ceiling were mossy stone, with a few candles hanging from it, and so was the floor, except, it wasn't mossy. There were a lot of boxes that outlined the room, each one a different size. There were a few candles on some of the boxes, making the room even brighter, and there were cobwebs everywhere.

As my eyes scanned the room, they landed on something surprising. In the center of the room was a few boxes stacked up. Sitting on these boxes, crossing her legs and arms, was a girl with long brown hair, yellow headband with ribbons, and a brown school uniform. She was sitting up straight with a prideful look in her brown eyes. I stared at her as she smirked.

"Didn't expect me here, did ya?" she asked.

I shook my head. For some reason, this girl looked very familiar. But I couldn't put my finger on it.

"That's to be expected," she said," A survivor, in a place as mysterious as this. Not possible."

Then it clicked. I have seen this girl before. Not in reality, but in one of my favorite manga series. But the question was...

"Hey," I said," Are you Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, or The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan?"

Even more pride filled her eyes when I asked.

"Guess," she commanded.

I looked at her for a second before responding.

"By looking at the uniform and hair length," I said," I would say The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan."

A smile grew on Haruhi's face.

"You are correct!" she cried," Next question!"

"What?" I asked confused.

"Well, come on," she said," Ask me your next question!"

"Okay," I said, a little excited to be talking to my favorite anime character of all time other then Kyoko from Madoka Magica or Chihiro Fujisaki from Danganronpa (R.I.P Chihiro, may he stay in our hearts forever)," How did you get here?"

"Hmm," she said," That's a good question! And my reply is........ A GHOST BROUGHT ME HERE!"

"A ghost?" I asked.

"YUP!" she yelled," Isn't that cool!"

"I guess," I said," But I've already met a ghost multiple times."

Haruhi looked at me surprised.

"You have?!" she cried," Dang it. I thought I would be the first person to ever talk to a ghost. And I was so proud of it too."

I sighed as she pouted slightly.

"ANYWAYS!" she yelled after a minute," You have more questions! Keep asking."

I sighed again.

"Did this ghost just so happened to be named Petra?" I asked.

"YES SHE WAS!" yelled Haruhi.

"Okay," I said," Why did she send you?"

Haruhi looked up and put her hand under her chin.

"Hmmmm," she said while thinking," She told me that she wanted me to send a message to a girl named Hato."

"She did?" I asked," What was the message?'

Haruhi looked at me and grinned.

"I ain't telling until you tell me your name," she said," Now speak!"

"Uh," I said," My name is Hato Sakura, the one Petra was sending the message to."

"Oh," said Haruhi," In that case, here's the message!"

Haruhi pulled a small letter out of her vest pocket and held it out. I slowly walked over to Haruhi, making sure I didn't make to much noise, since there were some people I didn't want to find me. Although, with how loud Haruhi was, you would have thought that they would have figured out where I was already. Anyways, when I was in front of Haruhi, I grabbed the letter. Haruhi let go of it and brought her arm back and crossed them. I looked at the letter for a second, but that was to long for Haruhi.

"Don't just stand there," she said," Open the letter already!"

"Uh, okay," I said while opening the letter.

When I finished opening the letter, I started reading it in my head.

"Read it aloud!" Haruhi commanded," Petra didn't let me read it, and I wanna know what is says."

I nodded my head.

"'Dear Hato'", I read,"' I know you're confused, and I'm sorry for not explaining it sooner. The form you just got is something I borrowed from another world. It's, as you expected, a type of magical girl. But it's from a world you wouldn't really expect it to be from. I can't explain it now, but you'll know in a few months. Anyways, the girl that sent this letter is my new messenger. She may be a bit prideful, but she gets the job done. Also, if you go back to the real world, she'll be your new room mate.

Sincerely, Petra."

"Oh yeah," said Haruhi while digging into her vest pocket," She also told me to give you this."

Haruhi pulled out a gold pendant with a small pink design on it. I grabbed the pendant from Haruhi and held it in front of me. Suddenly, I felt a gust of wind surround me and pick me up. The feeling of a spear coming out of me came, hurting like hell. But I didn't scream or yell. When the wind stopped and dropped me, I was in my old outfit again.

"I don't remember what it's called," said Haruhi," But it gives you the ability to transform whenever."

"Thank you," I said while clipping it onto my purple ribbon.

Haruhi looked at me with a weird look.

"Why are you thanking me?" she asked," Thank that ghost friend of yours."

I looked at her and sighed. She was looking away from me and pouting.

'She's still mad about that?' I thought.

"Anyways," said Haruhi," You better leave this place and fight those weird humanoid creatures. If anyone else finds this room, I'm screwed."

"Alright," I said while nodding my head.

I turned around and started running up the stairs. Before Haruhi got out of sight, I turned around.

"BYE HARUHI!" I yelled.

She looked at me surprised while I ran all the way back up the stairs and towards the wooden door.