Chapter 18: The Dream

I closed the door to Levi's office and walked through the hallways back towards the dorms. The question of why Levi looked sad was lingering in my mind. It didn't seem normal for him to be said. Scratch that, it didn't FEEL normal. But I don't know anything, so why do I have a feeling that we've met before even though I first met him a few days ago? Was it because there's something I don't know.

I stopped walking when I got to the door of my room.

"Why am I even thinking about that? It's none of my business," I whispered to myself.

I opened the door to see Sasha, Ymir, and Historia sitting on their beds. Ymir immediately looked at me when she heard the door open.

"Well someone's late."

"Sorry," I said.

"What did Levi want to talk to you about?" asked Historia.

"He wanted me to join his squad. Can't imagine why," I said while closing the door.

Ymir snickered.

"Wonder why," she said sarcastically.

I sighed and walked over to my bed. All of my things were not on my bed anymore so I immediately thought that the others put my stuff away. I was right, the were in the cabinet and my bag was hanging from the side of my bed. I looked at my bed to see a white shirt and black leggings.

"There your night clothes," Sasha explained sleepily.

I grabbed the shirt and leggings and walked to the bathroom.

"Thanks," I said while closing the door.

I changed out of my uniform and into the shirt and leggings. The shirt was a little big but the leggings were the right size. I walked out of the bathroom with the uniform and my newsboy cap in my arms. When I walked out, Ymir looked at me confused.

"Why are you still wearing that bloodstained ribbon?"

"Oh, it's an important item to me. I've had ever since I could remember," I explained.

'Even though the first thing I remember was when I was ten,' I added in my head.

Historia stood up and walked over to me. She then grabbed the uniform from my arms.

"I'll put this away for you. You just go to bed," she said.

I stared at her in aw.

"You don't have to," I said.

"But you've had a long day. Don't worry, I don't mind," she said.

I looked at Ymir, then back at Historia.

"Ok," I said," Thanks."

"No problem," she said.

When Historia left the room, I jumped into bed and sighed.

"She's an angle on earth," I said to myself.

"That's just Historia for you," said Sasha.

I sighed as I closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I was fast asleep. I guess I was really tired. It would make sense. Suddenly, the question came back.

'Why did Levi look sad?' a voice said before I woke up.

I looked around to see that I was on the roof of a sand colored building. I looked around to at the setting I was in. I was in an underground city that looked like nobody cared about it. I slowly walked towards the edge of the roof and looked down. There was an ally way that looked and smelled very bad. I jumped down into the ally way and gasped. Now I know why it smelled so bad. There was murky puddles of water and a few dead bodies here and there.

I walked towards one of the dead bodies and examined it. I could tell immediately that he wasn't killed, he starved. I sighed and looked down at his legs. One of his legs looked really bad. Probably a disease.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of small foot steps echoing. I turned around to see a little girl with long messy white hair, brown collared shirt, and black leggings running through the ally way. She was looking down so I couldn't see her eyes and she was holding a loaf of bread and a few apples.

"HEY YOU," I heard someone behind her yell.

I looked at the person who had yelled at her. He was a man with brown hair and a uniform similar to the Survey corps. The only difference was that the little symbol on his uniform was a green unicorn.

"WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING," he yelled.

The girl kept running, ignoring the man. I followed. She turned a sharp corner and ran into an abandoned building. The man turned the corner and looked around.

"Dang it. Where'd that brat go?"

I slowly walked around the soldier, trying not to get his attention. When I got the the building, I ran in. Then I realized something. I could hear the kid and the soldier's footsteps, but I couldn't hear my own. I looked down at my feet to see why and gasped. I wasn't even there, I was nonexistent.

I then heard the footsteps of the girl again. I looked up to see her running through a hole in the wall. I followed her, trying to go at the same pace as her. When we got out side and into an area that was completely abandoned, the girl sighed.

"That was easier then I thought," she said.

The girl then started running towards a random ally way. I ran after her to figure out where she was going. She didn't stop running for a while, but it made sense. This place is huge and I'm pretty sure she lives here. After a while, she started to smile.

"Onii~chan," she called out before a bright light blinded me.

I opened my eyes slowly and looked up. I was back in the girls dorm. I looked outside to see it was the middle of the night. I sighed and sat up. I put my hand on my head and sighed.

"What was that dream," I said to myself.

I looked back outside and sighed again.

"Was it even really a dream? It seemed so real, I wouldn't have guessed that it was a dream. And why did it feel so familiar?"

Here's another chapter. Hope you like it. Please pray for the victims of the school shooting in Florida and for there families and friends.