Chapter 34: The beginning of their story

I was slightly surprised when she asked, but for some reason, I expected it. Suddenly, Anthony lightly slapped Chelsea in the back of the head.

"OW," cried Chelsea.

"You don't ask people that question, Chelsea," said Anthony.

I looked over at Anthony and giggled a little. Anthony looked at me confused until I pointed at my bag.

"Check in the bag. You may just find your answer."

Chelsea walked over to the bag and opened it. She then gasped, snatched all of the pocky boxes out of it, and started jumping with joy.

"THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!" she screamed.

Anthony face palmed and looked at me.

"So I'm guessing your answer was yes?"

I nodded my head. Anthony sighed and looked back down on the ground while Chelsea calmed down and started eating pocky. I jumped off of the bed and tackled Chelsea, not noticing that the book and pencil fell on the floor. I grabbed the boxes out off her hand and retreated back to my bed.

"My pocky."

Chelsea giggled a little while Anthony just stood there, looking at the book on the floor. I looked down at the book and realized that it was open to the page I was drawing on. I almost launched myself at the book, but Anthony picked it up first. He studied it for a second before looking over at me.

"Hato, what's this?"

I hesitated at first, but I knew that they would eventually figure it out, so I told them.

"That's a picture of me, my roommate Lily, and my roommate Shadow when we were 11 at the beach," I explained.

Let's put it into more detail. The setting was in the shallow ocean water and the sky was clear. In the water was an eleven year old Lily in a frilly purple tankini that had pink flowers here and there. Her hair was in a high ponytail, she had a flower crown on, and she was holding a water gun in her hand. She was pointing the gun at an eleven year old me wearing a plain red one piece that had a skirt connected to it. She had her short white hair in two low ponytails and her purple ribbon was wrapped around her neck. Her face showed that she was scared and wanted to kill Lily right there. She was trying to dodge the water spraying out of the gun and was avoiding getting tackled by an eleven year old Shadow, who was wearing a black bikini that had a few skulls scattered all over it. Her hair was in a giant french braid and her face showed that she was planning something horrible.

Suddenly, I got a flashback of that day.

*Flashback*

I looked around at the calm beach and breathed in the nice, salty breeze. I slowly walked over to the water and smiled. I loved the beach. It made me feel at home. I stepped into the water and smiled as the cold water touched my feet. Suddenly, I felt the cold water spray my back, soaking me from head to toe. I turned around and looked grumpily at Lily, who was holding a water gun in her hands. She was smiling like a maniac and had a mischievous look in her eyes.

"Lily," I said angrily.

"It wasn't me," she said innocently while hiding the gun behind her back.

I started chasing Lily into the ocean water while Shadow looked away from a safe distance. Suddenly, an evil smirk appeared on her face. Shadow snuck up behind me while I was chasing Lily. Lily saw Shadow, smiled, turned around, and started shooting at me with a water gun. I avoided it just in time but was pushed into the water. I tried to get up, but Shadow was laying on top of me. Shadow started laughing until she saw that the sun was setting.