Chapter 20: Hanji's Experiments.

I closed the door the the library gently and headed back to the dorms. I walked slowly, making sure I didn't cause anyone to wake up. As I pasted by the cafeteria, I heard talking. I looked over at the door the cafeteria. It was slightly open and some light was coming from it. I walked over to the door and looked in. Suddenly, the door swung open, causing me to fall on my back.

"Hato?"

I looked up to see Hanji standing at the now fully open door. Behind her were Levi and Eren at one of the tables. They were all looking at me with a concerned look, except for Levi, on there face. I sighed and sat up slowly.

"I'm so sorry Hato. I didn't know you were there," said Hanji.

"It's fine," I reassured her.

"Are you hurt?"

"No, I'm fine."

Hanji sighed with relief and held her hand out. I grabbed it and she pulled me up. She smiled and looked at Levi and Eren. Levi was looking at her with a look saying 'Don't tell'. Hanji sighed and looked back at me with a huge grin.

"So Hato, it's almost morning so why don't we start going outside and set up the experiments?"

"That's fine with me, I just need to put something away first."

"Actually, I wanted to see how that thing worked so can you please bring it with you?"

"Ok," I said.

Hanji nearly screamed and ran towards the exit while dragging me with her. Hanji then turned her head and looked over at Levi and Eren, who were at the doorway looking at us weirdly.

"Tell some of the others about this," she told them.

They nodded their heads and walked back into the cafeteria. I looked over at Hanji in confusion.

"Why'd you want them to tell the others about going to do some experiments?" I asked as we got outside.

"That's not what I wanted them to tell the others."

"Then what did you want to....?"

"It's nothing important."

I sighed and looked at the now risen sun.

"Everything at one point is important. Trust me on that," I said.

When we finally got to where the two titans were, Hanji stopped running. I, being me, ran right into her, but I didn't fall this time. I looked at Hanji to see her smiling.

"You know Hato," said Hanji, as she turned around, "I've never heard anyone say that sentence before. But you are right. At one point or another, things will be important."

I smiled when she said that. It felt like I was becoming a part of this world for once. I was no longer an outcast to the rest. Yet I still had a feeling that it wasn't that easy, it never was.

"I've always felt that way, you know. Ever since I could remember, I always felt like I was missing a few facts that were really important. Facts that would be especially true for me," I said.

Hanji looked at me confused.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"Hanji, I'm going to tell you something very personal that only my roommates know about. Do you mind not telling anyone?"

Hanji nodded her head.

"I've had amnesia since I was ten. I don't have any memories of the first ten years of my life."

Hanji didn't, for some reason, look surprised.

"You see, the first memory I had was waking up in a bed in the hospital with bandages all over my body. When I looked around, the two people who had claimed to be my parents said that they were so worried about me. They acted like they had been my parents for my whole life, yet I felt like that they were lying. I don't know why though."

Now Hanji was surprised. She didn't, at all, see it coming.

"Oh, I..."

Hanji couldn't get anything out. She was too shocked to even say a thing except for that. She suddenly turned around and sighed.

"I honestly don't know what to say to that. Anyways, lets get to the experiments!"

Before I knew what was happening, Hanji threw a spear at me. I caught it and sighed.

"Don't through sharp objects like that."

Hanji didn't listen, she just started to do her experiments on the titans. She started with seeing there reactions with being touched in certain places, then she asked me to stab them in certain places. I didn't argue, but when some of the other members of the Survey corps came out, they gave us a weird look. Hanji, of course, looked over at them with a crazy grin.

"I FINALLY GOT SOMEONE TO HELP ME WITH MY EXPERIMENTS!" she yelled at them.

"Wait, I DIDN'T HAVE TO DO THIS!?" I yelled at her.

She just smiled at me and laughed.

"I needed help and you don't seem to mind getting your hands dirty."

I sighed and continued with what Hanji wanted. When we finished, it was noon. I looked over at Hanji to see her taking a lot of notes.

"Thanks Hato, you were a big help."

"Uh..... your welcome?" I said," By the way Hanji, why is a titan's weak spot the nape of the neck?"

Hanji looked at me confused.

"I mean, when a titan shifter changes back into human form, they come from the neck. So I was wondering if it had something to do with that."

Hanji looked at me in surprise before engulfing me in a huge hug. When she let go of me, she started running back to HQ.

"YOU'RE A GENIUS HATO!" she yelled.

I looked over at her confused and was about to call out to her, but exhaustion hit me before I could. I suddenly collapsed and held myself up with the spear. I sighed and leaned on the spear. I couldn't do much anymore and I was bored. I started singing quietly to myself.

"I close my eyes and I can see

The world that's waiting up for me

That I call my own

Through the dark, through the door

(Just picture the rest of A Million Dreams from the Greatest Showman here)"

When I finished, I heard clapping coming from behind me. I turned my head around to see.....

YAY, author~chan loves cliffhangers!