Chapter 13: Meeting the Survey Corps

"Commander Erwin," someone yelled.

Sasha and I looked over at where the person was yelling to see a guy with blond hair and blue eyes talking to one of the solders. He also had an arm missing, probably because of a titan. I didn't bother listening to there conversation, nor did Sasha. We both just looked over at him as if we were excepting something to happen.

"Hey Sasha," I said," Who's that?"

"That's commander Erwin. He's in charge of the whole Survey corps. He decides when we go outside the walls and he figures out our battle strategies."

"He sounds very important," I said.

"He is," said Sasha.

"By the way," I said," I'm surprised that nobody has pointed me out yet. Why's that?"

"Well, before I was thrown into battle, Captain Levi told us that if we see a girl with white hair and white eyes, we shouldn't be surprised."

"Guess I stick out like a sore thumb with my hair being this color."

"It really does," said Sasha.

I sighed and looked out at the town. It was quiet out there for some reason. It was like the battle stopped, but it didn't. You could tell because of the two titans in battle position in front of each other. Sasha looked over at the battle and frowned.

"There seems to be a lot of tension in the air," she said.

"It seem that way," I said while looking around," Where's Bertholdt?"

Sasha started to look around.

"I don't know. You would think that he would be easy to find. I guess he went back to his human form."

"Probably," I said.

We stayed quiet for a little longer until a girl with short black hair and grey eyes walked up to us. She had a cold look in her eyes and she had a red scarf wrapped around her neck. She stared at Sasha, then at me. Her eyes stayed emotionless, so I did the same thing. I made myself seem emotionless. Sasha looked at us for a second before breaking the silence.

"So Mikasa, how's Eren?" asked Sasha.

Mikasa looked at Sasha.

"I'm sure he's doing fine," said someone behind.

We looked behind Mikasa to see Jean with a few boxes of medical supplies.

"How can you be so sure?" asked Mikasa.

"Well, he's not dead yet," said Jean.

I almost giggled when he said that.

"What about Armin?" asked Sasha.

"I don't know. I haven't seen him yet."

Mikasa looked over at Jean with a bit of concern.

"I hope he is ok. Eren has been really worried about him," said Mikasa coldly.

"Why do you think we're here. Eren wasn't going to come back with us without knowing that Armin was safe."

Mikasa and Jean kept talking as Sasha leaned up to my ear.

"So......" she started.

"Hato," I said.

"So Hato, do you think you know where Armin is?"

"I don't know. I would think that, if nobody has found him, he's with Betholdt."

"Maybe," said Sasha.

We looked back over to Jean and Mikasa to see them talking to Erwin. Sasha smiled.

"By the way, do you happen to have any food on you?"

I sighed.

"Reiner stole all of it," I said sadly.

"Dang it. I'm really hungry," said Sasha.

"Excuse me, do you mind if I ask you something?"

We turned our heads to see Erwin looking directly at me, which made me really nervous.

"Sure," I said nervously.

"Do you have any idea where our comrade is?" he asked seriously.

Jean and Mikasa looked at me confused. I sighed and looked directly at Erwin.

"Probably with Bertholdt," I whispered to him.

"Thank you," he said.

Erwin turned around to face Mikasa and Jean. He then told them to hunt Bertholdt down, which kinda surprised me.

"Wait, you were using that to help you command?"

"You were with them when they kidnapped one of our soldiers, which means you probably know part of there plan," he explained.

I sighed.

"They're very reluctant on telling me anything," I said.

Erwin started to walk away when I caught him saying something to himself.

"That makes sense."

I looked at him confused, but he didn't notice. He called some of the soldiers from Hanji's squad to come and treat me and Sasha's wounds. They, of course, did what he said with no comment what so ever. They didn't even make a comment about the fact that my hair was white, or my eyes. I guess they also were told not to comment about it from Levi. When they finished, they walked away.

"Thank you!" I called to them.

They didn't reply. They just walked away with very serious faces. It gave me the chills. Why were they acting so serious? Was it because they were in titan territory? Probably.

"Hey Hato?" asked Sasha.

"Yes Sasha?"

"Are you noticing how everyone is acting a little, I don't know, weird?"

"You mean this isn't normal?"

"Well, everyone is usually this serious, but not this quiet," said Sasha.

I looked at her confused. Then I looked around us. There were very few soldiers around the area.

"Now that I think about it, where is everyone?" Sasha asked herself.

"Probably going to find Armin," I said.

"Maybe, or maybe it's..."

"Maybe it's what?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing."

I looked over at Sasha to see a very concerned look on her face. She seemed to be lost in her thoughts.

'Weird,' I thought,' Maybe they don't really trust me yet. I mean, I just met them so it would make sense.'

Suddenly, I felt a strong presence behind me. I turned around slightly to see if anyone behind me, but there wasn't. I turned around again only to hear the sound of someone using there gear right behind me. I heard someone calling to me and Sasha to get out of the way. I looked over to see who was calling us, only to feel a sharp pain in my neck that made me fall unconscious.