The Auditions

Beca was laying in her bed. She had been there the whole morning, skipping her Grecian Literature class once again, but she couldn't get out. Her head had kept spinning for days, a  strange, yet somewhat pleasant sense of puzzlement making its way more and more insistently: what was happening to her? Where was the badass Beca that didn't care about anything and anybody? Why hadn't she stopped thinking about the beautiful red hair framing that perfect chiseled face and those deep, blu eyes? She had only seen her a couple of times... 

"Sack up, Beca! Come to your senses!", Beca suddenly yelled, talking to herself while still under the bedsheets, completely oblivious that Kimmy Jin was there, too. The Korean girl stopped looking at her own computer for a second and stared at Beca, frowning in confusion. 

Frustrated, Beca punched the pillow, quickly got up and, not caring at all about the death glare on Kimmy's face, she rushed to her closet: she picked a random low-cut gray shirt and a pair of black jeans. She then wore her boots and make-up, pulling some of her hair in topknot, the rest left unbound to cascade over her shoulders. She grabbed the flier that had been on her desk for nearly five weeks now and she immediately exited her room. She had to do something, she needed to spend her time doing something productive and not only because she had got herself a deal with her father, but also because she wanted her head to be filled up with something else other than that damned gorgeous, tanned body she had seen five days before. 

"Damn it, Beca!", she muttered while marching along the corridor.

-----------------------------------------------

*Beep beep*

Chloe's phone was ringing - she had received a message. 

It was Aubrey. She opened it:

Hey, fancy a coffee? Haven't seen much of you lately, need to relieve some stress before today's auditions.

Chloe didn't hesitate to answer. She knew how impossible Bree could be if she didn't get rid of her stress: Sure thing! See u in ten at the B-Café?

The B-Café - or, as the students used to call it, the BC - was the outdoor café where the students of the campus usually had their get-togethers. It was pretty cool with its many tables and chairs under the white garden umbrellas and, during the warmer months of the semester, people usually went there to chat and sip a coffee while enjoying a tan.

Deal, the answer came immediately after.

Chloe was still in her room so she finished getting dressed - a cute, long-sleeved, red shirt and her favorite pair of navy jeans - she wore her hoop earrings and put just a little makeup on. She looked at herself in the mirror, satisfied with her clothing choice. Involuntarily, she started wondering whether Beca would show up at the auditions. She really hoped so, and - though it was odd for her to admit to herself - not only because the brunette had a beautiful voice. She shook her head, trying not to giggle at the remembering of Beca's embarrassed expression in the shower the previous week, and then got out. 

-------------------------------------------

"Chloe, I'm here!", Aubrey waved at her friend. She had already taken place before the redhead arrived. Typical Aubrey, she never waited for anyone. 

Chloe smiled radiantly and waved back, reaching her. She was happy to finally see her best friend after so many days, "Hey! Long time no see, uh?"

"Yeah, you can tell that", Aubrey answered, "Oh, I've ordered a coffee for you as well, hope it's fine". Chloe never drank coffee, she only drank her usual vanilla-flavored Latte Macchiato. Aubrey kept forgetting so she didn't say anything, "Mh, yeah. Thanks".