Don't go

"Holy Crap, it's my song! You're playing my song!"

When Beca had heard her mashup of Release Me and Bulletproof echoing in the whole campus, she couldn't help but running to the Radio Station even though she was already wearing her Bella uniform, almost ready to leave for the semi-finals. Unable to hear her, Luke stepped out of the booth as soon as he saw her and pointed up, "Sick beat, Becky".

"I've always thought her beats were pretty sick", a voice came from the second level, where Jesse was working. Beca hadn't seen him for weeks.

"This is a killer vocal track", Luke ignored him, "The deejay at 'The Garage' does a brilliant mix of this song as well but yours? Yours is better".

"Yeah, it is"

"I'm going to hear her play tonight -- You should come with and check her out", the blonde guy suggested while stacking some CDs beside him. Was he asking her out?

"Ugh, I can't. I have this... thing", the brunette looked down at her uniform.

"Flight attendant training?", he said while raising a brow.

"Yeah, it's a three-year program", the DJ played along, "I learn how to distribute pretzels and wave goodbye -- No, I'm a Barden Bella. Tonight's the semi-finals", she clarified, noticing that Luke didn't seem to get the humor.

"Really? I would have never pinned you as one of those a cappella girls"

"That's 'cause you don't know Becky like I do", Jesse spat out after grabbing his backpack and heading to the exit, "See you tonight".

-------------------------------

Dad | 4:36 pm

We need to talk.
Come to my office as soon
as you can. Please.

Beca | 4:44 pm

Okay.

Beca was waiting outside her father's office, not knowing whether she should worry or not. She was still wearing her uniform but now the skirt was getting more and more uncomfortable, and the heels, ugh, they were killing her feet. However, she was still feeling super excited. Chloe was right: Luke had liked her mixes. She couldn't believe it.

"Come in", her dad briefly came out of his room to invite her in.

"What did you want to talk about? I'm starting to worry", she impatiently tapped her foot, hoping that Francis really had a good reason to have her there. The Bellas were supposed to leave around 6 so she was afraid she'd arrive late.

Her father signaled her to take a seat but she declined the offer, "I'm fine, thanks", she crossed her arms.

"You may want to sit down for what I'm about to say, Beca"

The brunette frowned and tilted her head, "What happened?", her tone was hiding a growing worry, "Is that about mom? Is she okay??"

Francis tried to calm her down, "No, it's not about your mom -- Nothing bad happened, Beca, relax. It's about me and Sheila, actually".

"Did you two break up?", her face lit up, "I mean, I'm sor-"

"We didn't break up, Bec -- Actually, I proposed to her last night. We're getting married", her dad blurted out as if he was apologizing for something horrible. He knew how much his daughter hated his fiancée but it was also true that Beca hadn't ever given Sheila a proper chance.

The brunette had her mouth open in disbelief, "You what? Wh-When?", she stuttered.

"At the end of August... And Sheila would like to have you as her maid of honor, that's why I called you here. We still have to plan everything, flower, catering, celebration - It's so much that I-"