The ICCA

Finals would be in 2 days and the atmosphere was unsurprisingly tense: the new set was ready and had already been enthusiastically approved by all the girls; the choreography was a flawless mix of sexy and lively - Chloe and Stacie had done an amazing job - and the clothes chosen to become the new Bella uniform perfectly mirrored the quintessence of the group. Every girl could in fact dress however they liked as long as it was blue and white - the colors of the Bellas - and the scarf needed to be present, too: in that way, their outfit would shout, "Hey, we're so different from one another and yet so similar!", or something like that. Jessica had indeed had a great idea.

Beca was sitting at one of the many tables of the BC, drumming her fingers on her chair and patiently waiting, a hint of agitation showing through her eyes. Why did Aubrey want to talk with her? When Beca had received a text from the blonde asking to meet up with her, she hadn't even known how to react or what to think... It's true that they had grown a little closer in the latest days - much to Chloe's pleasure - but Beca wouldn't bring herself to define her as a close friend of hers.

"Sorry, I'm late", a voice from behind her dragged Beca back to reality, "Stace needed some further help in practicing her part", she apologized.

Beca chuckled, "You're late, you call us by cute nicknames and you seem to be really enjoying the last changes -- Who are you and what have you done to Aubrey Posen?".

Aubrey sat down, "Ha ha", she fake-laughed, "Don't mess with me, Mitchell -- Thank you for being here, by the way... There's a couple of things I wanted to discuss with you"

Now curious, the brunette perked up, not knowing whether to worry or not.

"First of all", she started while digging into her bag, "This is yours now", she handed Beca the pitch pipe, "I want you to blow it at the ICCA"

"What?", Beca was incredulous since she knew how much being the undisputed (co-)leader of the Bellas meant to her, "Why?"

"This is another thing I wanted to talk to you about -- Chloe and I have no doubt and we both want you to be the leader of the Bellas next year", Aubrey solemnly stated. Beca grinned widely, "I'm flattered but...isn't Chloe going to be here next year?"

Aubrey looked quite surprised, "Oh, of course you already know that -- Yeah, she is, but I guess you could share the role, right?"

"Definitely", the brunette smirked.

"Okay...", the blonde paused for a second before clasping her hands, "Let's now come to the most important reason why I wanted you here --" - Beca suddenly tensed and had now her mouth shut tight - "-- Chloe".

Beca raised her brows in disbelief, "What?"

"You heard me well...", Aubrey rolled her eyes, "I want to talk with you about Chlo"

"Okay, but why?"

The blonde sighed, trying to find the right words to say, "Something is going on between you two -- And when I say 'something', I mean that deeper feelings may supposedly be involved... But--". Even though Aubrey was trying to remain as vague as possible, Beca immediately understood where she was getting at and she violently blushed. Unable to say anything, she let the blonde girl continue. Aubrey stayed silent for a while, considering whether she should keep talking. The nervous brunette could say that she had been rehearsing that speech for at least ten times.

"But", she finally spoke, "I honestly can't see how this will end up"

Beca frowned in confusion and tilted her head, "Can't you be more specific? I'm losing you"

"Okay -- Um, do you like Chloe? I mean, more than a friend?", the blonde girl blurted out that question like she was looking forward to freeing herself from a weight.