The Talk

This chapter will be long. I have to make it up to you guys for not updating in a while, so...

"Your favorite person is back!", Fat Amy announced loudly as soon as she entered the front door. She tossed her bag on the floor before taking her shoes off and hanging her coat in the entrance, "Is anyone home?", she asked once she received no response.

"Hi Amy! We're in the kitchen!", Chloe chirped from the nearest room. The Aussie pranced about toward them, zigzagging around the couch and the small table, "What's this smell?", she sniffed as she sat on one of the stools, her eyes planted on the redhead and the brunette in front of her.

"We're making dinner", Chloe sang, her back still toward the blonde. Suddenly she turned around, a wooden spoon in her right hand with some tomato sauce on it, "Here, try it out and tell me what you think", she said as she offered it to Amy.

"Um", Amy reflected for a second, "Maybe add a pinch of salt?"

"That's what I also said but she doesn't trust me", Beca rolled her eyes while she was draining the pasta into the colander.

"It's not that I don't trust you but you do have a weird relationship with salt. You'd put it on chocolate, if you could", Chloe laughed. She added some salt and a sprig of rosemary because why the hell not.

"Okay, first of all that's not true", Beca threw back as she put the pasta in the pan with the sauce, careful not to splash the red substance all over Chloe, "And second... salt on chocolate is great", she added with a chuckle as she licked her thumb.

"Ew", Chloe scrunched her face up, earning a playful slap on the arm.

"I'm sorry to interrupt this very constructive conversation, but why are you cooking tea?", Amy asked, her head tiredly resting on her hand.

Beca quirked one brow and smirked, "To eat...?"

"No, duh, I mean why are you cooking for everyone? We always get take out so what's the occasion?", the blonde clarified, stretching her neck to better watch as Chloe started plating.

The brunette shrugged and gave her a toothy smile, "The ginger is back so -"

"- So obviously she wants us to make a fuss over it, right?", Amy completed the sentence with a smirk.

"Exactly"

"Would you two stop talking about me like I wasn't here? And Becs, the idea of eating together was literally yours??", Chloe raised her brows and hands and pouted her lips. Beca looked at her and managed to hold back a chuckle while an idea popped inside her head. She took her finger to the pan and dipped it in the remaining sauce before holding it in front of Chloe's nose.

"Don't you dare- BECA!", Chloe yelled as soon as her finger came in contact with her skin, "You're such a child!"

Beca gasped in mock horror and quickly took Chloe's face between her hands. She stuck her tongue out and trailed it from the tip to the bridge of her nose, licking away the red substance. As soon as she pulled away and let go of Chloe's face, Beca started cackling, "You should see your face right now", she said while keeping snorting.

Chloe wiped her nose from Beca's saliva and, once done, she squinted her eyes at her, "Run for your life, Mitchell"

Beca's laugh started to die down. She looked at Chloe dead in the eyes and started to run toward the living room, giggles spreading across the whole house. Chloe followed immediately behind, "Come here, shortie!", she yelled as laughter got the best of her lungs, stopping her from running too quickly.

"Never going to happen, nerd!", Beca's voice came from the dining room.

Still in the kitchen, Amy heard Chloe's frustrated groan. She rolled her eyes as soon as Beca passed in front of her, already out of breath. "Can't you guys ever cook something together without ending up running after each other?", she asked to no one in particular.