Faithfully

Beca 💞 | 8.45 pm
Did you land?

Chloe had already stopped walking when Beca's name had popped up on the screen of her phone, but the pleased surprise she got overcome with as soon as she read the three words of her text made her smile grow twice as big. So she stood there, one hand busy typing a reply, her other still managing to hold the heavy luggage she was carrying. Maybe Beca was right, maybe she did pack way more clothes than necessary. Chloe lingered a few moments before pressing send, unsure of what emoji could be better for the occasion: a smiley face could be perceived as too cold, while a heart could simply be... too much. A thumbs up? Too patronizing.

Chloe | 8.48 pm
5 mins ago! Thanks
again for the ride!

She looked at it once again, sighed and sent it. No emoji. It was better like that. She slipped her phone back into her pocket and then went back to walk toward the exit of the gate, not wanting the other walking passengers to get mad at a redhead who would just stand still and wouldn't get out of the way. She heard her phone vibrate in her pocket but resisted the urge of grabbing it immediately: she had to get out of the airport before.

Once she finally spotted the exit, she happily accelerated the pace of her steps. She was looking forward to hugging both her mother and her father, who had promised they'd both be coming pick her up at the airport. Chloe's smile was still there, totally - or partially - oblivious of the almost five hours of tiring and lonely flight she had just experienced. Initially, she hadn't been too eager to leave Barden but now that she was home, she knew she'd be just fine, even though Beca was miles away from her. But, Chloe thought, it was probably because of Beca that she was this happy... after all, the brunette had seemed quite... open? Chloe didn't know for sure but she kinda sensed Beca was starting to see how things really were and she honestly couldn't wait to see her again after the break. Maybe by then things would be totally different than they were right now.

"Mom!", she called loudly once she spotted Alice's auburn hair. She started jogging toward her parents, her suitcase hitting her repeatedly on her calves and causing her to wince in pain from time to time. That didn't stop her though. The woman before her smiled and opened her arms to welcome her daughter home, "Hi, sweetie!", she said while lovingly stroking Chloe's hair, "Frank, I found her, she's here!", she shouted shortly after, catching the attention of her grizzled husband, who was looking in the opposite direction, still searching for his little one.

"Chlo!", he grinned at her, "You're finally here", he breathed a sigh of relief before joining the hug by wrapping his arms around both his wife and his daughter, "We missed you, peanut"

Chloe felt her eyes get watery at the sight of her father doing so well. It was almost like he'd never fallen ill, like the cancer hadn't spread around and his lungs still were perfectly healthy... Frank was still a little pale but that, Chloe guessed, was just a matter of time before he could go back to his normal skin color. He had also lost a lot of weight since the last time she'd seen him, but chemotherapy isn't really an easy thing to go through... at least he could stand on his own feet and, despite the two tiny tubes that went into his nose, he looked great.

"I missed you, too", Chloe replied. She pecked her parents' cheeks and after refusing Frank's offer to help with her luggage, the three of them walked outside while Alice was asking as many questions about Chloe's flight and life as she could.

"Aw, I so wish we could have been there!", Alice commented after Chloe finished telling them about her lately won a cappella competition, "When are semi-finals? Maybe we can be there, if your father feels like flying..."

"Begin of February", Chloe answered with a sweet smile, "But you don't need to fly all the way to North Carolina", she quickly added once she noticed the look of discomfort and uncertainty in her dad's eyes, "I think I can get it videotaped, then I can send it to you guys"