Happy Birthday, Chlo!

It was Friday.

The party would be the next day and Amy had everything already figured out, except for one, not so irrelevant point. The location. 

She couldn't find a place that could fit the purpose of the party, since a pub would be too uncouth for Stacie's and Aubrey's likings and renting a villa for one night was out of the question, considering the limited amount of money the Bellas had. Being Jessica's family quite well-off, she had offered to pay for it but the other girls had firmly refused that kind gesture. They surely could find something else.

But now Amy wasn't so sure about it.

She was now sitting at one of the green cafeteria tables, under the shadow of a huge oak. She scratched her head in bafflement, desperately checking the newspaper and her newsfeed for random rooms to rent. Nothing. She couldn't fail, she had to do it for the Bellas, for Chloe and, most importantly, for herself: it was now a matter of pride.

She grunted out loud in the attempt of relieving some stress.

"Hey, what's up?", Beca's voice made Amy turn around. The Australian smiled weakly and she watched as Beca sat down in front of her, "Um, I've got bad news Mitch -- I can't find a goddamn place for tomorrow", she huffed, "But I swear that I won't sleep until I find something decent"

The brunette was beaming and that confused the blonde girl. Wasn't she worried about the party being possibly canceled? She had moved heaven and earth to get all the Bellas to be an active part in its organization and now...?

"You can sleep soundly, Ams", Beca raised her brows twice and smirked, pleased, "My father won't be home this weekend"

"I don't see how-", Amy interrupted herself, "Oh, wait -- Do you mean...?"

The brunette nodded, grinning.

"God, I could kiss you", Fat Amy was so quick to stand up that Beca almost didn't notice her throwing herself at her neck, hugging her tight.

"A-Amy I can't -- I can't breathe!", Beca stuttered, seriously striving for some air.

Fat Amy let her go and apologized, "Is your father okay with that?"

"You kidding? He was over the moon at the news of me inviting some friends over since he pretty much thought I was my only friend", the brunette laughed and shook her head at herself, "You can all sleep at my dad's place if you want -- I've got enough rooms for everybody"

The Australian nodded enthusiastically but then something seemed to strike her, "Becs...? What do you mean when you say 'some' friends?"

"The Bellas...?", Beca said plainly, slowly turning her eyes only to see Fat Amy pull one of her awkward faces, forced toothy smile and narrowed eyes included. Getting the hint, the brunette glared at her.

"Amy, how many people have you invited?", she tried to sound as calm as possible. Not very successfully though.

"Don't get mad", Amy looked at her penitently.

"Just tell me... how many people will be there?"

Fat Amy sighed, "The whole student body...?"

"Amy?!", Beca opened her mouth in surprise, "I thought we agreed on inviting just the people Chloe is friends with!"

"Listen, I know, okay?", the blonde girl defended, "But think of this for a moment: Chloe is popular, right? So you could say she is friends with pretty much everybody...?"

"Oh my God", Beca grabbed her own head between her hands, "And how in hell can we buy drinks and snacks for everybody?", she rightly asked.

Amy smirked, "Don't worry, short stack, I've got our backs covered -- Remember sigma beta theta's fall mixer? We sucked and they didn't pay us, right?"