Spring Break

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?", Beca was panting while dragging one huge suitcase along the airport corridors. Even though she would only be gone for 10 days, Chloe had packed everything and anything, with the result of needing a hand to carry all of her luggage. And who better than her best friend could help her?

The redhead noticed how heavily Beca was sweating and, although she felt guilty for making her pull that huge weight, she couldn't help but smile, "That's very sweet of you", she told her while taking the suitcase from her hands in order to help her, "but I'll spend most of the time at the hospital and we couldn't see each other a lot... Plus, you've got your night shift at the radio, remember?"

Finally free from the suitcase weight, Beca wiped her forehead, staring in awe at how Chloe could effortlessly hold all her luggage, "But I want to be there for you in case you need me..."

The redhead quickly kissed Beca's cheek, "I'm just having my nodules removed, I don't think I'll suffer...a lot", she added dramatically, "I promise I'll text you as soon as I get home, okay?".

The brunette nodded silently right before they both stopped in front of the gate. "Okay, time to go", Chloe exclaimed while putting one bag on the floor and smiling at her friend like she was waiting for something. Beca got the message: she threw herself at Chloe's neck and kissed her on the cheek, blushing, "Have a good journey", she whispered.

With her arms still around Beca's waist, Chloe rubbed her back, "I'll miss you", she said while leaving a peck on her forehead, "See you in a couple of weeks". She winked and then she turned to the employee in order to give him her passport.

While watching the redhead walking down the corridor, Beca murmured, "I'll miss you, too".

----------------------------------------

Spring break had just begun, so the campus was obviously deserted.

When Beca went back to her dorm, she felt strange: as much as she loved enjoying some alone-time, this time it was different. The thought of having no-one to talk to, the awareness of her and Chloe being miles apart... all these factors made Beca feel lonely, rather than alone. She hadn't seen the Bellas since the semi-finals and she missed them more than she was willing to admit. Except for Aubrey, all the girls had texted Beca at least once to ask her how she was doing and it had warmed Beca's heart to know that they really cared for her.

The brunette hadn't expected that Luke would offer her to do the night shift during the break. She had accepted without thinking twice, the idea of playing her own music being far more appealing than that of stacking CDs. That's why she had to stay on campus.

She threw herself on the bed with her shoes still on and sighed deeply. She was already bored. She needed to find something to do since her latest mix had already been finished and approved by her best friend... and now Beca felt she wasn't in the right mood to start working on a new one.

It was only 3 pm, her shift would start only six hours later. Too much time to kill.

Without even giving herself the time to relax a little, Beca quickly got up again and, after stretching her arms, she went outside on the quad. Winter was finally making room for spring, the leaves on the trees starting growing back, the flowers blooming again and the sun finally shining bright. Beca inhaled the fresh air: after all, it wasn't too bad being there alone, a little peace and calm wouldn't hurt anyone, right?

"I can't believe it!", a voice attracted Beca's attention, "Short shank! I haven't seen you in ages!"

Before Beca could even realize what was happening, Fat Amy hugged her tight, "We miss you a lot, Mitchell", the blonde girl said lightheartedly. The brunette hugged her back, moved, "I miss you, too -- But why are you here? Aren't you going home?"