Christmas - 1

*This will be quite a long chapter... oops*

*Final boarding call for flight 47-01 - All the passengers must board through gate 28*

Beca and Chloe were frantically running through the corridors of the airport, their backpacks on the shoulders, "We did it!", the redhead exclaimed once she saw the gate they had to board through. "Yeah, maybe next time we should get ready sooner, uh?", the brunette teased, still trying to catch her breath. Chloe had spent two hours getting ready because she had decided not to pack her bags until last minute, causing the DJ to wait for her outside her dorm for far more than expected. "Come on, don't be such a slacker", the ginger laughed while gently punching Beca's arm. The brunette jokingly glared at her, "Let's board before I fight you", she smirked, a challenging look in her eyes. 

Fifteen minutes later, the girls were already sitting on the plane, next to each other. The flight would last almost five hours - Atlanta and Portland are not so close - and Beca was already agitated: she only had got on a plane once before - when she and her mother had moved from Seattle - but she was so young that she couldn't even remember it. What if the plane had fallen down? Or what if there was a storm and the pilot couldn't steer the aircraft anymore? 

The brunette started slowly inhaling and exhaling in order to calm herself down. When the plane took off, the brunette began shaking and turned pale. She felt her head spinning so she leaned it against the window. Chloe looked at her, worried, "Are you feeling okay, Bec?". The DJ limply shook her head: she hadn't the strength to pretend everything was alright. Without saying anything, the redhead smiled sweetly and gently grabbed Beca's hand, "You don't need to be afraid -- I'm here with you". The brunette squeezed her hand and felt some of her anxiety leaving her stomach, "Don't let go of my hand, please", she begged while closing her eyes to relieve the headache she was having. "Never", Chloe promised.

"I still can't believe your father's allowed you to come to Portland for Christmas", she joyfully added after a while, trying to divert the subject. Her eyes still shut, Beca smiled, "I still can't believe I'm stuck with you during the holiday", she teased. 

Chloe opened her mouth faking outrage even though the DJ couldn't see her, "How dare you?". Beca slightly opened one eye to look at the ginger, "I'm not saying I don't like it, weirdo", she grinned, closing both her eyes again. Suddenly, she felt a kiss on her cheek so she instinctively turned to look at Chloe. "I'm so happy you have no idea", the ginger said with bright eyes. "Thanks again for having me over, Chlo", the DJ told her friend while squeezing her hand tighter. Chloe leaned her head on Beca's shoulder, "Anytime, Bec", she said while slowly falling asleep.

------------------------------------

"Sweetheart!", a woman quickly walked toward Beca and Chloe as soon as they reached the gate of the Beale's family's house. She was slightly taller than Chloe - Beca noticed - but they both had the same wonderful hair color. The woman threw her arms around Chloe's neck and kissed her on the cheek, "How's my favourite girl?". The brunette smiled. That woman reminded her of her mother. 

"Oh, you must be Beca!", she was now talking to the DJ, "Chloe won't stop talking about you", she added while jokingly rolling her eyes, "I'm Alice, by the way, Chloe's mom". Beca looked at her, smiling - she also shared Chloe's eyes - and automatically held out her hand so that Alice could shake it. Instead, Chloe's mom just ignored it and pulled Beca in a tight hug, causing the redhead junior to grin at the sight. 

"It's a pleasure meeting you, Mrs. Beale", the brunette smiled widely while breaking the embrace. "Please, just call me Alice", she pleaded with Beca, "Let's go inside, now - it's freezing here". "Where's dad?", Chloe probed while carrying her suitcase along the walkway. "Oh, your dad's working -- he's coming home just in time for dinner, honey", Alice answered. As soon as they reached the house threshold, Alice spoke again, "So, Beca -- while Chloe takes her things to her room, I'll show you where you're staying -- I purposely prepared the guest room so that it could be as comfortable as possible", she grinned at her and tilted her head. "Oh, wow, thanks but you didn't have to bother, I-", Beca replied, still amazed by how Chloe and her mother looked alike. "Oh, please", Alice placed her hands on her hips, "No bother at all -- come on, follow me", she added joyously.