2....With A Twist

Pulling into the drive way i can see my mom through the window on the phone. Sighing i get out and head inside sitting in the couch waiting for her to finish. "Alright...Alright, that works perfectly...yeah i'll tell her. Okay, i'll get back to you with the details. Bye." Putting her phone on the table she slowly turns to me with a soft smile on her face. "Hey honey how was your morning?" "Uh it was good, i guess. Finished my song, and had breakfast with the guys and Toni. Who was that?" "Oh, just you father. Wanted to see if you needed anything before school started up."  "Mom did you hear about the school closing...Toni and the guys said everyone got a letter." "Yeah, I got your letter the other day so i called your father and he said if you wanted to you could go live with him and Bella and go through your last 2 years at Forks." "Wait...Really? You'd let me go live with dad, but what happened to me staying with the serpents like you?" "I don't know about that anymore honey, with the northside and the southside going at it all the time it's not really safe for you, and i know Forks has a better education system than any of the schools here besides i heard their music program is run by and actual musician and i know you'd like that." Thinking about everything she said, it's all true. "But mom you know the northside doesn't have a problem with me and if-" "Oh honey i know they don't have a problem with you, don't think i don't see you at pops with that Reggie boy, but it's all up to you. It'll give you a chance to get out of the gang life and give you a new start." I blush at the mention of Reggie's name. "Mooom you know there's nothing going on with Reggie, but if you really want me to go I'll live with dad. Test it out and if it doesn't work out i'm coming back." Walking towards me and softly grabbing my shoulders she says "Thank the lord you're an easy child." We both laugh and go our separate ways. Heading upstairs to my room I see boxes next to my bed. Smiling and shaking my head she knew i was gonna take the offer and live with my dad. Grabbing my laptop i pull out my phone and text Reggie. 

Rosie:Hey my house in 15.

Reg:Gotcha bub

Smiling at the nickname he gave me i open my laptop to all my recordings and start editing one of my newer recordings.

I hear Reggie honk so i close my laptop and meet him outside. Climbing into his car he looks up from his phone and says " So what services can Mantle the Magnificent offer you today bub." Rolling my eyes at his cockiness i reply "Just a smoke and talk Reg." "Alright, anything the princess desires." Smiling as he grabs my hand and kisses the back of it, we head off to our smoking spot. I know what you're thinking, no we're not dating we're not friends with benefits either. More of secret best friends who sometimes get caught in the moment. And no we've never done it together. But we are protective of each other. 

He pulls off the road at the end of the bridge leaving town. We stare at the trees in front of us until he lets go of my hand to pull out a joint from his glove compartment. "You know Reg you really shouldn't keep it there. What if you get caught with it?" "Please like I ever get caught for anything" We look at each other and laugh. Lighting the joint he passes it to me for the first hit. "So what'd you need to talk about Rosie." He says getting serious. "So apparently i'm moving in a couple days." Looking at him i see he's already looking at me with confusion on his face. "Wait. What do you mean in a couple days. School starts next week, who's gonna help me keep my grades up, you're my tutor you can't just leave meeee." He says over dramatically. Rolling my eyes, that's what i love about Reggie, he knows when to e serious but to not make it too serious. "Reg you know how bad everything is getting between the northside and the southside, my mom doesn't want me dealing with it and my dad offered to let me live with him and my sister. Besides it'll let me get away from the serpents and start something with my music. As for your grades you wouldn't fail if you actually applied yourself, just because you want to be cool and shit doesn't mean you can't pay attention in class or actually do your homework." "And that's why i need you, you don't take the bullshit and make me do my work." Smiling at him we stay quiet until we finish the joint. Finally he speaks up "You know what, we're going to a party tonight." Might as well we're already high i think. Nodding at him i say "I'll go but you're helping me pack my stuff tomorrow. I leave on Friday." Nodding in agreement he begins to drive off. Plugging in his aux cord i play one of my songs Reggie's favorite actually.

We both sing along to the song taking the scenic route back to his house to get ready, knowing i have a couple changes of clothes there.

When we get to his house we say hi to his mom and head up to his room to get dressed. For some reason i always finish before him, so i go through my instagram liking pictures until he walks out of the bathroom and puts his shoes on. "Damn Reg if i didn't know better i'd think you only wanted to go to this party to try and impress someone." "Babe the only girl i gotta impress is you." He says as he leans down and kisses me. "And since it's your last party with me i gotta pull out all the stops bub" Smiling up at him I stand up and stand in front of his full body mirrors on his closet doors and start taking pictures when he comes up behind me and post one of us to instagram. 

375 Likes

375 Likes

@RosieS: When he thinks he's a star but you always shine brighter

Comments disabled