9. Paul

Today is Bella's birthday. I finished getting ready in some light blue skinny jeans, a black long sleeve, tying a red flannel around my waist, and slipping on some white converse. I grab her present and head upstairs where my dad is waiting for me outside her door. He gives me a nod before he opens the door and I run in jumping on her bed. "BELLA WAKE UP!" Groaning she pushes me off the bed and I land with a thud. Dad helps me up and says " Come on Bells open your presents." "I told you guys I didn't want any presents" " Well mines not wrapped so there you go." I grin at Dad's response. " And I don't care" I say handing her the present I got her. She opened her mom's first since dad told her they coordinated, she got to mine and looked at me. I rolled my eyes and said "Just open it you'll love it." The look on her face when she opened it showed she loved it. To go with the theme Renee and dad had I got Bella a digital picture frame that plays a slideshow. I downloaded a bunch of pictures of everyone we knew with enough space for her to add more. She pulled me into a hug and said " Thanks Rose" "Don't mention it now get ready for school before lover boy gets here."

Ever since the pack told me about vampires and wolves I've done my best to get ready early and leave so I'm not stuck in a car with any of the Cullen's. I'm not necessarily scared of them but that feeling I've been getting has gotten worse. I've tried my best to push it aside as much as I could but I can't shake it. I feel like something is going to happen today.

I go through the same boring day, but every minute that bad feeling gets worse. Walking to my car I see Bella parked next to me and with my luck I see her and the Cullen's that still go to school standing with her. Bella waves at me as I get in walking towards my door so I roll down the window. " Hey I'm going to the Cullen's for a little birthday party Alice set up you want to come?" "Uh I'd rather not, I don't really know anyone and I haven't really felt good all day I think I'll pass in case I get sick." "Ok I guess I'll see you later." "Yeah see ya Bells" I quickly pull out of my parking spot before anyone else can come to my window and drive home. Dad's at work so I'll get the whole house to myself. When I get home I go to the fridge grabbing a green tea from my Arizona box and a bowl of grapes. Heading to my room I put everything on my desk and change into grey joggers and a black tank top and switch out my socks for warmer ones before sitting at my computer to finish homework.

I was so focused on what I was doing I didn't hear anyone come into my room until they put their hands on my shoulders causing me to turn and throw a punch at the intruder. "Woah babe it's just me." Paul says while catching my hand. " What? How'd you get in here?" He points to the side door in my room that was once used as a back door, "You should really start locking that, but at least I know you can protect yourself if someone broke in." Rolling my eyes at him I ask "What brings you here? Besides the fact that you like to annoy me." He jumps on my bed knowing I hate when my blankets get messed up. "Nothing just bored, decided to come see my baby." He says with a grin. Shrugging I grab my laptop and sit next to him. "You're lucky I just finished all my homework." "You finished the song you were stuck on?" "Yup. Ready to turn in early tomorrow for extra credit." He gestures that he wants to listen so I grab my speaker connecting it to my laptop. "Okay this one is supposed to be as if I were writing it normally."

"And this is the one I got stuck on, we had to write in a genre we wouldn't normally write in or one we've never written in before."

"Wow, those are really good." Paul says causing me to smile at him. My phone went off to see a message from Reggie.

Reg: Code Red

"What's Code Red mean?" "Means he either did something stupid and needs help hiding evidence or he wants me to do his homework. Most likely the second." Since my laptop is open I pull up FaceTime and call Reggie.

Reg: Rosie helllppp meeeee
Rosie: what do you need Reg.
Reg: You to do my science homework
Rosie: Bitch bye. I just finished my homework I'm not doing yours too.
Reg: Buttt- wait who's that?

I look and can see Paul is in the frame on his phone not giving a care to the world. I move the laptop so Paul's face is in view.

Rosie: Reggie meet Paul.
Reg: Oh you're lover boy

Rolling my eyes I tell Reggie bye and to do his homework. "So that was Reggie?" "Yup the fuckboy himself." Paul chuckles at how I describe one of my best friends. " Hey don't you have homework too?" Paul gives me a smirk. "Babe not everyone is taking AP classes. I'm a senior taking the classes I need to graduate I finish my homework in class." Rolling my eyes at Paul's I got this attitude I head to the kitchen to start dinner.

"Are you staying for dinner?" I ask the boy who follows anyone heading to the kitchen. "If you're making pasta yup." He says sitting on the table swinging his feet. Tossing the pack of chicken at him I say " then you can start the chicken." Rolling his eyes he takes the pan I hand him and starts on the chicken while I make the noodles and sauce. Right as we finished dad walked into the kitchen without us hearing due to the fact we were singing at the top of our lungs to the song playing on Paul's phone. "Are you guys trying to get a noise complaint?" I turn and see my dad with a smile on his face before pointing at him before saying "Yes that's exactly what I'm going for." Dad rolls his eyes before asking Paul. "You staying for dinner?" "Yes sir." Dad nods his head at Paul before heading to the living room to watch a random channel. I chuckle to myself as I get plates and forks. "What?" Paul asks. "Nothing. Just dad definitely likes you better than Edward, he doesn't even let Edward be in a different room without him there." I say laughing. I grab mine and my dad's plate while Paul grabs his and the cans of soda for everyone. We all sit down enjoying the food and the movie on tv before dad calls it a night and tells us not to stay up to late. "See I told you." I say to Paul. " I guess your right. If only he knew Edward sneaks into Bella's window at night." I turn to him " he does?" "Yeah. Since you sleep with your curtain open I come by and check on you during my patrols and I always see him climbing into her window." "Oh. That's not creepy at all."
Around 10 o'clock Paul leaves to run his patrol while I head to bed. With a deep feeling in my gut.

Liked by MantletheMagnificent, CherylBombshell, ToniT, and 278 others

RosieS: Mine

Comments Disabled