8. A Bad Feeling

It's been about a month into the school year, everythings been fine. Paul and I have been going out maybe twice a week and our relationship has grown stronger, he's become like a best friend to me in a way that i can tell him anything and feel safe. Bella on the other hand is never really around except for dinner she's always with Edward or his family. I don't mind them they're good people, nice, but there's this feeling i've been getting and i can't explain it. But anyways during the past month i've gone back home to visit my mom and friends. I told my mom and Reggie about this feeling and they both said the same thing. That maybe i'm overthinking things at school or that i'm still getting used to living in a new place permanently. Or that my period is starting. Reggie got punched for that one. 

But it's Saturday, I'm working on a project for my music class while i'm waiting for my hair to dry before i head out to Sam's for a little get together they planned. 

I hear a knock at my door and see my dad standing in the doorway. "Hey dad" "How's the project going." "I can't think of what to write, i have no problem writing songs but right now im stuck" "What's the project exactly." "I have to write a song with the usual genre i stick to then write another song using a genre i've never done before. I have the first song done but im stuck on the second one." "Hmmm. I guess the usual music that you show people is kind of poppy maybe even rock in some places why don't you try R&B maybe soul." "But i don't know how to write in that genre." "Listen to the oldies station as you call it and take something from those songs." "I guess your right. And those are oldies old man." Rolling his eyes he says "Don't you have somewhere to be." "Why do you want me gone already?" "Unless you want to hang around me billy and harry while we watch a game you can stay." "And listen to your old man gossip no thanks." I say before going to put my shoes on. Dad leaves after that to go buy his beer for the game. Looking in the mirror after i put my shoes on i examine my outfit. I learned not to wear white the hard way. So I put on some black ripped skinny jeans, a red long sleeve fitted crop top, my usual shoes that haven't gotten messed up yet surprisingly, and my usual chapstick and hoop earrings. Grabbing a thin grey zip up sweater and my purse i head out.

Pulling up to Sam's house and parking, looking at the bag in my backseat before shaking my head and heading inside to be greeted by Paul and Jared at the door. Then greeting Sam, Emily, and Kim. 

We eat Emily's delicious food, with me hiding some to take home for Charlie knowing  Bellas probably not gunna be home for dinner. After dinner we started a fire outside making a little bonfire before things got serious. Sam was the first to speak. "Rosie there's something you need to know that i need you to promise to never speak a word of to anyone outside of this circle." Giving him a confused look i say "Um okay" getting uncomfortable. "There are legends of our tribe that have lived on for generations since the tribe began. The main part of these legends where the young men descend from wolves. These wolves are to never be harmed due to the fact that they protect the people of the tribe. Many people think these legends are just stories that we keep telling that our ancestors made up. But they don't know that these stories are real. The three of us have the gene that allows us the ability to protect our people from one thing, our natural enemy....vampires." He stops looking at me. "So you're telling me the three of you turn into wolves that kill vampires....but i'm not apart of the tribe so why am i involved?" Paul starts talking. "There's this thing we do as wolves, it's like finding our soulmate except stronger that person becomes our whole world and as a pack they become one of the people we are sworn to protect. This thing is called imprinting. As a wolf we have no choice on who it happens on or when, but once we look into his or her eyes the two are connected with a bond that only they can feel." I stay silent trying to process everything, connecting dots. Jared speaks up. "I imprinted on Kim, Sam on Emily,.....and Paul on you. It's why you always want to be around each other. It's why you feel what you feel toward each other." Paul grabs my hand slowly, like he's nervous i'll run away. Sam speaks up as i squeeze Pauls hand. "There's one more thing. The gene that causes us to change can only be triggered by vampires in the area-" "The Cullens." I say cutting him off. "It makes sense now. Everything. Does Bella know about them?" "Yes just like imprinting they mate too. Edward mated with her. They don't pose a giant threat to her. She's safe with them." I look at Paul before looking at Sam. "I can accept everything you just told me and accept you, but i need you to accept something about me." Sam nods before i stand up and walk to my jeep. I grab the bag out of my back seat and head back to the group.

Sighing i pull out both of my cuts from the bag before tossing one to Sam and one to Paul. "Don't ask what it is just let me explain." I pull my right sleeve down so the back of my shoulder is visible showing my serpent tattoo. "The Southside Serpents are a gang I guess you could call them, but theyre my family. I'd like to say i had a choice in joining but i didn't. My mom is second in command so even if i didn't join i'd still be protected by them. They're not bad people they just get caught up in bad things. But anyways, they've protected me from so much that i owe them. There's another gang called the Ghoulies. They got pissed off at something the serpents did. I think it was because the Serpents refused to help deal drugs or something involving drugs, but it's a big no-no for any Serpents to have anything to do with dealing drugs. The only way the Ghoulies could think of getting back was to hurt someone close to the leaders. I was that someone. This was before i wore a cut, before i ever thought about joining, i didn't want to be a serpent. But there was a group of Ghoulies who caught me when i was walking home from the store. They grabbed me bringing me back to their main meeting place. The old leader tried to break me as if i knew some big secret about the serpents, i just kept repeating i didn't know anything over and over again. The serpents never had a problem with the Ghoulies just the fact they dealed drugs, but then they took me. Eventually they did break me down in ways they shouldn't have, they touched me in ways that made me cry for a month." I stopped to wipe my eyes from the fallen tears. "They raped me. My dad visited me in the hospital. I've never seen him so mad. He calmed down after the serpents got their revenge. They killed the Ghoulies who did it. Out of respect I joined the serpents. I went though initiation like a normal person refusing to just be given a title. I learned to fight and protect myself. I don't have a big part as a serpent, I mainly help out when needed, like if someone needed an alibi or something like that." Finishing my story i look up at everyone. Paul looking like he could kill someone, i grab his hand rubbing circles on the back of it calming him down. Sam speaks softly, "I think we can all live with what you just told us." "Then i can accept what you are and what you do." He smiles before pulling me into a hug before we got joined by everyone else in a group hug. When we let go everyone but me and Paul head inside. Paul grabs my hand before speaking up, "I need to know something." "What" i say back softly looking into his eyes. "You say you accept us but i need to know that you accept the imprint." Pulling his face down to mine i kiss him before pulling away so our noses were touching. "I accept Paul." "Then be mine." "I'm yours." I've never seen a smile so big on Paul's face

Since that night Paul and i have been connected at our hips. But i couldn't shake that bad feeling i was getting.