19. Early

The next day I wake up at my regular time. I shower and put on a black tank top, light blue ripped jeans, a dark red flannel, and my all white converse. I stick my almost dry hair into a messy bun and put in my diamond studs. I grab my bag and head to the living room. Dad walks into the house at the same time carrying a bag of McDonald's and drinks. I sit next to Bella at the table as dad hands us our orange juice McMuffin and hash browns. We say thanks as dad heads off to work. Normal school morning I guess.

Let's just say today is going by slow. It's only third period and in every class were doing packets to remember stuff we did last semester. Could today be any more boring. I throw my pencil down on my little set up I have on my desk and sit back to look around the class. Everyone is either on their phone, talking to their friends or actually doing the work. I notice the teacher on the phone with someone not really caring who it is I just sit and watch. Let's be honest people watching is way more fun then work. Eventually she hangs the phone up and writes something on a note. She looks up and around the classroom scanning it as if she's looking for someone. Her eyes stop at me and she motions me over. By the time I get to her she doesn't even wait for me to greet her. She just hands me the note and says, "You're counselor wants to speak with you, she said you might want to take your stuff with you." I nod and head back to my seat confused and grab my stuff leaving the classroom.

Instead of carrying my stuff I stop at my locker and drop off everything except for my bag since I have lunch next. When I get to the office the front desk sends me to my counselor with a friendly smile. I knock on the open door as I enter sitting in the seat in front of my counselors desk. She immediately starts talking. "Ok Rosalinda I know it's weird to be called down to my office on the first day back." I nod confused. "But I have good news. Every year I look at all my assigned students grades and GPA to see how they're doing and try to push them to take harder classes the next year especially my juniors. And I was looking at yours and I noticed that after this year you'll have completed all your required courses with college credit as well." "Um ok?" "I have some forms here that I want you to consider. Because you're so advanced credit wise you'll be able to graduate this year, if you choose to. Or you can continue on as a junior and graduate next year. But you'll only need to take extra curricular classes, like art and music maybe sports, but you'll only have a half schedule and with that you'd be able to participate in our college program." I look at her interested, "What's that?" "Forks high school has a program with the community college where you'll be a student for both campuses so for instance since you're in the music program you'd be taking that class in the morning here then let's say you want to get some college classes out of the way, you'd be able to apply and take those classes at the college campus free of charge since the program covers all fees. But if you choose to graduate early you'd be able to enter their early admissions program." "Wow so either way I'd get to go to college early." "Yes, unless you decide to work next year and go to college whenever you choose. But I don't want you to decide right now. These forms need a parent signature so take them home and discuss them with your dad and as long as you return to me with your decision within the next month I can process the paperwork and you'll be on your way." She hands me the folder and let's me go with a handshake. As I'm walking out of the office clutching the folder to my chest the lunch bell rings. So I head to find Bella since she's the sensible one when it comes to school.

I find her sitting with her friends, honestly it's a little weird seeing her sit with them and not by her self, I come up behind her and grab her shoulders. "I have something to show you." She looks at me and follows me outside. She looks at me with a worried face when I finally stop walking. "Relax bells it's nothing bad." I say as I hand her the folder.

She slowly reads over everything before saying, "You'd be stupid not to graduate early, besides free college as well, and by the time you're ready to go to a university you'd have all you're general credits done and some of your other credits done with as well." I move to lean against the table we're standing near. "I know but I still want to think everything over, like it feels like everything's going by so fast, I haven't even thought of college yet, that was supposed to be next year, but now I'm being told next year I might be in college." She pulls me into a side hug and hands me the folder back. "Either way you gotta talk to Dad and you know he'd brag to everyone in this town that you're going to college a year early smarty pants." I roll my eyes because she's right. "I know and my mom's the same way, she'll push me towards graduating early and take the free college classes." "Come on imagine how cool it'd be besides isn't Paul going to be taking classes at the community college next year too?" "Yeah, I guess it's better than wasting my time on extra curricular classes." "And if you don't want to fully go to college just yet take part time classes and get the hang of college life first. Maybe get a job. Or tutor some kids around town." "Sure. You know what we haven't had a sister talk like this in a while." I say as I slightly nudge her. She smiles at me before trying to nudge me back. We bump fists before heading our separate ways as the bell for class rings.

The rest of the day goes by slightly faster than my morning went when class is finally over I put all my books in my locker not needing them due to no homework and finishing all my class work in class like usual. As I head out I notice that Paul is leaning against my Jeep with Jared next to him. "What are you to doing here?" I say as I approach them, feeling the stares of everyone around us. They both shrug and I get the hint that they were bored and decided to bug me. "Alright get in." I say as I toss my keys to Paul, not wanting to drive. As Paul's driving down the road I tell him, "Stop at the police station, I gotta talk to my dad." "About what?" Jared says from the back seat stuffing his face with the granola bar I had in my bag. "Graduating early." I say casually. But Paul hits the brakes as hard as he can, if Jared didn't have his seat belt on he would've flew off the seat. He looks at me proudly, "You're graduating early? Nice babe."