24.The future

It's been a couple days since Bella left, Dad called when she came home last night. He's been letting me stay at Emily's understanding I didn't want to be there when Bella came back.

As promised Claire and I had movie night with all the girls, me begging Leah to come. Eventually she started having a good time. She understands the imprinting between Emily and Sam, but she's still getting used to it. Of course the guys were jealous that they weren't invited, Jared was even more jealous that Claire said I was her new best friend and she gave me a nickname. But now it's Wednesday and here I am sitting in the school parking lot just staring at Bella and them.Of course they had to come back during the middle of the week. When the bell rings I sigh before heading to class. Walking into my first class I freeze when I see Jasper sitting at the desk next to mine. Inwardly groaning I walk to my desk, and sit down facing the board not making eye contact with him. He gets the memo and doesn't say anything to me the whole class period.

Finally lunch is here, but stupid me thinking I'd get to eat in piece. Here comes Bella's group of friends. Jessica Stanley taking charge. "What did you do to get my spot as Valedictorian?" Rolling my eyes at her question I reply, "Maybe if you took higher level classes you'd be guaranteed the spot, not just participating in everything else. But don't let me ruin your day with my 4.1 G.P.A opposed to your 3.8." I say getting up to find a different spot. "Why would they even give the spot to a gang member you're not even graduating this year?" I turn to her getting into her face, "Maybe because this gang members graduating early or didn't miss gossip mouth not hear because her head's so far up Mike Newton's ass. But be happy I never wanted it anyways." She steps back shocked. I quickly turn walking out of the room before Bella can get to me and try to talk to me. As I walk down the hall I smile happy to get some anger out of me.

In music class today's the day to present our songs. One by one the girls sing everyone's songs.

They pick a total of 3 songs mine being one of them. When we finish the teacher lets us leave early, which I'm thankful for. I grab my stuff and head to my car. Quickly getting in I head to Emily's house. The boys are still at school so when I pull up it's just Emily and Sam. I happy skip my way into the living room throwing my backpack on the couch and going to sit on the counter. I swing my feet as Sam asks me "What are you doing here? School doesn't end for another hour and a half." Shrugging I say, "My last class finished early and I didn't want to go home, didn't want to stick around school either and practice got cancelled the coaches daughter broke her ankle." Sam nods before running outside to start his patrol leaving me and Emily alone.

It's quiet before she says ,"I miss having Claire around." "Yeah she kept everyone on their toes. You and Sam should have kids, they'd be cute and you'd have a handful of babysitters at your disposal." She laughs at what I said, "Please liked I'd leave my child in the hands of one of the boys." We both laugh and start making scenarios about the guys babysitting. Soon she asks me, "What about you, do you want kids?" "Yeah. I don't know how many yet but I know I want them. Give them a somewhat normal life outside of the serpents." "Well I know Paul wants kids eventually, Sam's told me that when Claire was here, the guys would joke about Paul being a dad because of how close you and Claire got. I know Paul would be a better dad than his own, but he'd wait for when you're ready to start having kids." I smile at that. "Emily what would you want if you had kids?" "Hmm I'd want two girls and a boy. Having the guys around makes me want more girls around, plus It'd be cute to see them have Sam around their fingers and then a mommas boy. What about you?" "I don't know I can see myself with mainly boys. Little stubborn Paul's. Then one girl. The baby that has all of them wrapped around her little finger. I've actually had a dream about it. When I first found out about the imprint bond and it's what I picture family looking like."

Emily changes the subject saying the boys will be here soon. Promising to keep this between us as a little fantasy Emily starts asking me about college. "I honestly don't know yet. I kind of want to go into teaching english, because even though I write music I still love writing, I love how I can express myself with it. But I also want to go into music, I want to experience that feeling of having a crowd sing my songs back to me, the only thing that'd suck is I'd be away all the time." Emily nods in understanding, "either way you have to think about the future and what you really want, I don't know if everyone will support you but Paul will be by your side no matter what and that's what really matters." Shes right I have to take into consideration that it's my future and the only one stopping me from anything is me.