22. Phase

I find myself looking over the edge of a cliff watching Bella fall before I find myself hanging over it. The only thing keeping me from falling is a women. A women with fiery hair and a hard grip. I can hear what sounds like a stampede running towards us as she looks back I can hear her gasp before she drops me.

"Babe wake up." I can feel Paul shake me before I bolt up out of breath. Trying to catch my breath Paul rubs my back, "it's okay it's just a dream. It's not real." I feel tears fall down my face. I close my eyes trying to stop them. Paul holds me ready to protect me from anything and everything. When I finally calm down Paul talks softly wiping the tears from my face "you're safe baby, nothing can hurt you here. What happened?" I take a deep breath, "I-i-i don't know. It's like my brain was continuing my dream from last night, Bella died except I was there too. I couldn't do anything except watch her fall off the cliff, then I was being held over the cliff by the lady, she dropped me and now all I can see is red hair." Paul's breath stops causing me to look at him. "What?" "A lady with red hair?" "Uh yeah, she was holding me over the cliff she heard something and dropped me." "The, the vampire this morning she has fiery red hair in a curly mess."  He sees me start to freak out, "sh sh it doesn't mean it's the same lady you've probably never even seen her. Your brains making stuff up calm down."

Paul sits with me until I calm down. We sit there for hours until it's time for me to go home. When we get to my house Paul tells me he has to go on patrol and he'll see me tomorrow to take me to school. He kisses my forehead before running into the woods. When I head inside I just stand there looking at my bedroom door before I walk upstairs to Bella's room knocking on the door. When she opens the door she takes one look at my face before pulling me into her room and into a hug. Eventually were both laying in her bed, me not wanting to sleep alone. Slowly we both fall asleep.

The next couple of days go by the same. Paul taking me to school, going to the same classes, soccer practice and home or Paul's. Since it's Friday dad's allowing me to spend the night at Paul's me promising we're not going to do anything and if we do be safe. So when Paul picks me up we go straight to the grocery store since the only food Paul has is noodles and cold pizza. We grab a cart and I make Paul head to the fruit and vegetables on the other end of the store instead of straight to the chip aisle. "But they're right there, I think they're calling my name, can't you hear it. They want me to take them home." "Shut up Paul you need vegetables you can get chips after." Groaning he follows me like a kid as I take the cart. I grab bell peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, corn, etc. When I'm done with my mental list I make him follow me to the meat and grab a package of steak meat. I turn towards him, "Okay now we can get your chips." He grins and practically drags the cart behind him. I follow him after grabbing a box of noodles as he throws in lays, Doritos, and Cheetos into the cart. I grab a bag of cheddar ruffles for myself knowing he's not going to share before we walk to the drinks, I grab a case of water while he picks out soda and grabs me a case of green tea. "I think that's it." "Finally." I roll my eyes at Paul as we head to check out. We stand in line and pay before heading to his apartment to put everything away and start dinner.

Paul grabs all the bags and sodas as I grab my backpack and the waters. Once we get inside we put away the stuff we aren't going to use as we both start cooking. Paul cooks the steak meat as I chop the vegetables for the stew. Soon enough the stew is cooking so we sit in his living room as I pull out the little bit of homework I have left. Soon enough Paul gets bored and lays his head on my shoulder watching me work. "I have no idea what you're doing," he says staring at my science homework. "That's because im finished with it and I'm not about to explain it to you." He kisses my shoulder as I close my work book and pull out my music book. "Another project?" "Yeah, the teacher he helps write songs for other artists, and he decided to let us help. He gave us situations that are in the scripts for this tv show, the producers are gonna go through and pick the ones they like and feature them on the show." "That's cool babe, you know your song will get picked, what's the situation?" "I hope it gets picked. The situation I got is the girl group in the show have to try and work with this rapper who's hella rude. And yeah it's basically a diss/clapback track. But I've watched the show to understand what's going on and their music so it's pretty much done. The people come in on Wednesday to sing it and pick." "Well I want to hear it after they record." He says before kissing my head and standing up to check on the stew. I stand up and head to his room to change into pajamas for comfort. I quickly change out of my pants into white sleeping shorts and take off my shirt, before I grab my shirt out of my bag I see his grey sweater laying on the bed. I shrug before grabbing that and putting it on. I look in the mirror hanging on the back of his door as I put my hair into a messy bun, and look at how big his sweater is. It goes to my knees and I fold the sleeves so my hands stick out. I smile content before heading to the kitchen where Paul's putting stew in two bowls. He hears me walk into the kitchen and looks at me, "Dont you look comfy, but I know you brought your own clothes." "This is mine now and you're not getting it back." He smiles shrugging and hands me the smaller bowl with a soda before turning me around and slightly pushing me towards the living room slapping my butt. "Go sit and pick something to watch." Soon enough he joins me as i'm searching through Netflix. We both decide on watching a random comedy.