17. Lame Ass Party

Paul meeting my friends went really well. In fangs words "He's really buff I don't think anyone's going to mess with you if they know you're with him." Toni came back with us to my house since she wanted to talk. The three of us cracking jokes the whole way back. Paul understood that Toni and I needed a private talk so he stayed downstairs while we went up to my room. "So what's up T?" She fiddles with her fingers nervously. "I know you know about me liking girls. Since you're one of the first people I told-" "Who is it T? You don't have to be nervous about this stuff with me, since you know I can't really judge you I've swung both ways." She smiles at me "Cheryl Blossom" I look at her before nodding "I can see it. I ship it." Rolling her eyes with a smile. "That's not why I'm nervous. We kind of want to come out as a couple but with everything going on between the Northside and the Southside it's hard she'll get shit for dating me and I'll get shit just for being a serpent." "Toni fuck what they say, fuck what they do. As long as you guys have each other that's all that should matter. And you know what Reggie Mantle is having a party later you're going. I already know Cheryl never misses a party. Forget your cut and just go as you let everyone see you, not the serpents. Me and Paul are going to the party so I'll be there for you but trust me you'll be fine if anyone tries to start something I'll punch them in the jaw." "Okay" I nod at her before pulling her toward my closet come on let's pick outfits for later. After a while of us throwing clothes around and basically playing dress up Paul eventually comes up tired of watching TV. "What happened in here?" I look at him before looking at Toni, then back to paul, "uh therapy?" I say before grinning. Paul just shakes his head before laying on the bed and playing music from his phone. "Ew who let you be Dj?" That causes Paul to lift his head up really fast and mean-mug me. "If you don't like it play your own music." "Fine then I will." I stand up, run and jump on the bed making sure I land on Paul causing him to groan before snatching his phone to change the song.

Me and Toni dance to the song lip singing into the mirror on my closet door.

Eventually we both decide to get ready, since Paul decided to just go in his regular clothes Toni and I took up the bathroom. I leave my hair in their braids making sure not a single hair is out. I leave my black ripped jeans on changing my shirt for a white spaghetti strap crop top that only exposes a little bit of my stomach when I lift my arms, and a red flannel. I add my famous hoop earrings and slip on my red slip on vans. The only thing Toni changes about her outfit is her jacket. She leaves her black tank top and pants on, with her leather boots, and borrows a pink sweater from my closet that matches her pink curled hair.

When we arrive to the party it's already in full swing. As we walk up the driveway Paul pulls me under his arm and I'm 99% sure it's because of the looks were getting. I notice Toni start to walk slower. "Come on T, the only thing stopping you, is you I'll be there for you all night." She takes a deep breath and continues walking at her regular speed. Before we know it we're in the center of the house where all my friends are. We sit there talking to the people I like and giving fake smiles to the ones I don't. Eventually we both start drinking, so we could leave the drama everyone is bringing up. We start dancing to the song that's playing before a fight starts out. Before I can process anything I see Cheryl run out of the party looking like she wants to cry and Toni surrounded by a bunch of bulldogs being led by Reggie and Veronica. Paul pulls Toni into a hug and slowly leads her out making sure no one can touch her. Before I turn and yell at everyone. "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE" everyone kind of steps back, "WHAT EVER YOU DID YOU HAD NO RIGHT" It gets quiet before Veronica speaks up, "Shes a serpent she doesn't belong here she was talking n-" "You know what I'm a serpent too does that mean I don't belong here, or does the fact that my moms business contributes to you make a difference?" Before any one can say anything I walk up to Reggie pushing him back "And I thought you were my best friend why would you do that to one of my close friends."  Archie grabs me pulling me back causing me to shrug him off. "You just made Cheryl cry, some friends you are." I say looking at everyone before walking out, everyone making a path for me knowing they don't want my wrath. I step out onto the porch seeing Paul still comforting Toni. He let's her go when I get close enough to pull her into a hug. "Come on T, I'm sure Cheryl needs some comforting too." "You know you don't want to do that." She says hiccupping between every word. "Please I'd rather be at her weird ass house than at this lame ass party, we both know my right foot has more entertainment." That causes her to laugh before agreeing to go with us.

Eventually we make it to cheryls, where her mom leads us to her room. After making sure she's ok Toni decides to spend the night while Paul and I head home. The car ride back we both decide it's be best to avoid drama and head back to forks a day early.