12. Blackhood

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. After looking at my phone I saw it was almost 1 in the afternoon, then I remembered I was at Sam and Emily's. Looking around the small but cozy room I see my stuff in the corner. I pull out some light blue pants with rips on the knees, and a loose grey croptop that ends at my belly button with folded sleeves. I brush my hair out and stick my hoop earrings in, then head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. When I finish I head downstairs to find just Kim in the living room, she turns her head when she hears me come down the stairs. With a smirk she says "Morning sleepyhead." Rolling my eyes I ask "where is everyone?" "The guys either went on patrol or to go help Harry Clearwater and Emily went to the store." Sitting next to her I throw my legs across her lap.

We sit like that until the guys come back Paul picking me up and pulling me into a hug and kissing my forehead. Jared decides to ruin the moment, "Someone's finally awake." Rolling my eyes I turn to face him and stick my tongue out resulting in him sticking his tongue out at me. We stay like that for a couple of minutes before Sam pushes him over and asks "Are you staying for dinner tonight?" "Um no I'm supposed to leave to visit my mom and spend the night there since dad's giving me the whole weekend without Bella duty and since I'm ahead on my work." "Oh no what is Paul going to do without you" we all roll our eyes at Jared's comment.

I wait until Emily gets back so I can say goodbye to everyone before I put on my  slip on vans and pack all my stuff into my Jeep and start the drive to Riverdale.

When I pull into my mom's drive way it's an hour before dinner is usually done. Leaving my bags in my car since I have clothes here I head inside to be greeted by my mom's bear hug when I walk through the door. "Mom I saw you like a month ago." "I know I like to be dramatic." Laughing we pull away before she pulls me to the kitchen where she's making rice and enchiladas. "Mmm my favorite, but why so much?" She looks down with a blush. "Um you know how close FP and I have been and yeah him and Jughead and coming over for dinner." She rushes. With a smirk I say "So you and FP are finally dating I'm guessing." "Yeah things with Jughead's mom didn't work out even after she came back they decided to finally separate. Enough about me and tell me about this Paul." Rolling my eyes, "I'm guessing Toni told you." She smiles with a nod, "tell me about him." "I mean we've been hanging out ever since I moved there, I can tell him anything, he's protective in  a way that he's always there and i just feel safe when he's in the same room. He's not the smartest but he's athletic, and I don't know he just makes me feel a certain way that I'm not even mad that we rushed into a relationship because I'm happy." "Well he sounds wonderful, but does you're dad like him." Smiling I say "I think so. I mean we always have dinner together. And they both like baseball and you know dad likes anybody that likes sports." "Well then I gotta meet him soon." Nodding I give my mom a hug avoiding her sauce covered hands when the doorbell rings.

I answer the door to FP and Jughead who are both in their cuts. Joking I say "Well don't you two clean up nice" FP pulls me into a hug and says "always with the sarcasm Rosie." He heads to the kitchen leaving me and Jughead to go into the living room. "How long are you in town?" "Just the night why?" He pulls out his phone and shows me a video. I can't help but laugh getting a chuckle from Jughead "Oh my God is that the football team" "yeah, I don't see why you think this is funny" "because I know who's in that video and they can't do anything. But what is the black hood." "He's been going around town and basically killing everyone that has committed a sin. The only thing is that everyone thinks it's a serpent doing the work because the only people getting targeted are northsiders." Rolling my eyes "when is this town not going to be full of drama."

The rest of the night is uneventful I just head up to my room so I can go to sleep but one thing bothers me. Why am I just hearing about the blackhood?

The next day I woke up feeling like I didn't want to be here. I texted Toni telling her to meet up at Pops, just me and her. Getting ready I throw on some black skinny jeans that are ripped on my knees, a lowcut grey form fitting shirt that I tuck into my pants, a dark red flannel and some black converse. I throw my hair into a messy bun and stick my diamond studs in my ears. I grab my keys and head out not bothering my mom since she's in her office on the phone.

When I pull up I can see Toni in a booth already waiting. Grabbing my leather cut I throw it on as I walk to the door waving to pop as I sit down across from Toni. "Why'd you want to meet up?" "Just didn't want to be home" she nods in understanding. "You're getting that feeling I know, Jughead said he told you, trust me the whole town feels it." Sighing I look out the window until pop takes our orders. Toni gets a shake and fries while I get a root beer and fries. The rest of the morning we sit there making small talk like I never left until she gets a call from someone and leaves. I sit there just staring out of the window until I see Reggies car pull up. Curious I watch him. He gets out and looks like he's waiting for someone. When someone walks up to him I can see them do a drug deal rolling my eyes I get up and decide to go outside knowing Reggie can't see me. Waiting until the other person leaves I walk up to Reggie and say "Didn't know you were dealing." Reggie hurries to pocket the money before turning to me, when he registers it just me he sighs in relief. "Dammit Rose I thought you were someone else." He pulls me into a hug. "When did you get into town?" "Last night I'm leaving in a couple of hours." We sit there until it starts to get dark just talking like the best friends we are making fun of each other half the time, before I decide to head home and say bye to my mom and drive all the way back to my dad's.