20. The best kind of Party

The week has gone by slowly. After talking to my dad about graduating early, he agreed to sign the papers saying it was my decision but I had to tell my mom myself. Let's just say she got overly excited. Since it's Saturday Emily decided to throw a little dinner to celebrate the news, she even went as far as inviting everyone I thought of as family, getting my dad to invite my mom and telling her bring my friends. But instead of letting Emily cook everything im making it a potluck so everyone has to bring a dish. Dad says it's because I want my mom's enchiladas but he can't read my mind so I don't know how he knew that.

Before Paul's mom died she owned a diner. His dad ended up selling it but all the people his mom worked with still work there. And the new owner was her co-owner and is letting us use the closed off space they use for bigger families, saying it's a favor for his mom.

I finished getting ready a while ago I'm just waiting for my mom and friends to get here so we can all go together. Bella's slumped in my room, having no one to hang out with. Jake's been acting weird, but she doesn't know it's because he's almost ready to phase. But anyways I don't mind, it's just hard not to tell her to keep her happy. Sitting next to Bella we start talking about anything and everything. Even though she doesn't like Paul she brings him up as a way to keep up conversation. Before we know it the doorbell rings and we both get up grabbing our stuff and checking our outfits. Since it's beginning to feel a little warmer Bella's in her regular jeans t-shirt and flannel. While I'm wearing my black ripped jeans, my grey lowcut top, my red and black flannel, and a necklace Bella gave me after she found it while cleaning her room. Unlike Bella I actually did something with my hair and took the time to curl it instead of leaving it natural and stuck in my hoop earrings. When we get to the living room we see that my mom, fp, Jughead, Betty, Toni, Sweet Pea, Fangs, and Archie are here. I give everyone a hug, introducing Bella to the guys and Betty since she knows Toni from the night she spent at my mom's house when we were younger and dad had to work.

Dad joins the guys in the truck they arrived in following me and the girls in mine. The whole way we were gossiping knowing the guys were all awkward and probably sitting in silence. When we arrived to the dinner we were the first ones there. We sat around just talking me catching up with everyone. Fangs tells me the Reggies been asking them about me, since coming home I haven't answered any of his messages just happy he's not blowing up my phone anymore, but Betty jumps in and says "Yeah I think he's actually gotten meaner, like way more rude about everything. Obviously before you kept him in check but now it's terrible." Sighing I say, "I don't want to talk about that, he knew he was out of line and until he apologizes not to me but to Toni he's not getting a word from me and you can tell him that." Everyone gets quiet except for the adults having their own conversation at the other table. Bella gets up and comes back with a stack of cards she brought and starts dealing. Once we get into the game that's when everyone starts arriving, Billy rolls right past me messing up my hair with a laugh and joins the adults. The Clearwater's following him give me their congratulations, Leah and Seth both join our group, not wanting to play I give my hand to Seth who eagerly takes the cards and joins in easily making friends with everyone. Eventually the pack arrives and as pack mom Emily starts setting up the food everyone brought keeping the guys away from it. I notice Leah try to walk away to sit in the corner so I grab her hand keeping her in place. After a while the partys in full swing there's different groups playing different games. Surprisingly both of my groups of friends are getting along and we're all having a good time. I'm sitting with the guys and Kim as Toni walks up to us to sit with me. Paul pulls her in for a hug, since the night of the party they've become closer friends which I'm happy for, the guys all kind of look at him. Before Jared opens his big mouth, "Wow the only girls I've seen Paul actually like are Rosie and Emily." Paul pushes him off his seat and says shutup. 

The rest of the night goes by just like that, everyone laughing, eating, joking, and the boys pranking each other. And I wouldn't have my night go any other kind of way because this is the best kind of party. The only type where you're surrounded by your friends and family.