41. Not so special announcements

The tour was amazing. Yeah it sucked to be away from everyone but the experience was thrilling. When I got back I had a sleepover at France's house. We decorated her nursery, she's having a boy and a girl and wanted one color that'd fit instead of doing two stereotypical colors. The whole Bella thing is over, she gave birth to a baby girl. Jake imprinted on her. I haven't gotten the chance to see her yet, Paul doesn't want to risk the chance while I have two heartbeats. But I know what's going on, Jake's shown me pictures of my niece and she's beautiful. And as much as I'd love being in her life to show her things to mess with Bella I'm focusing on my life right now.

I'm finally in my second trimester and starting to show. Dad and Sue are definitely closer, I'm pretty sure she's technically moved in but my dad doesn't know how to bring it up. But since everything with the pack and Cullen's are over, Leah and Seth are around more often. Since they're in Jake's pack and not Sam's I told them about my pregnancy. Leah was upset at first, me shortly finding out that she doesn't know if she can ever have kids. But Leah came around, she even started giving me name ideas for both genders since we haven't found out the gender yet. Luna loves having a ton of people in the house if she's not with me she's following Seth around.

I climb out of the shower and quickly pull on some warm sweats a sweater and some fuzzy socks before pulling my hair into a messy bun. I shove my hands into my pocket and make my way downstairs, following the sounds of brother sister bickering. Everyone's in the kitchen, Sue's attempting to teach my dad to cook again while Seth and Leah fight over something at the table. "I don't know why you try to teach him, he burns water." Sue laughs as my dad mumbles before pulling me into a side hug and kissing my forehead as Leah and Seth continue to bicker, "Cherish your child's baby years, that's what they grow up to become." I laugh as Leah and Seth both yell 'Hey!' My phone rings, I check the caller ID and see Jareds name flash across the screen.

R: Jared?
J: Uh we need your help. We're in the woods across from your house. Paul is having trouble phasing back. He got pissed off and we can't figure out why, He starts to calm down but then his anger comes back.
R: Um I'll be right there.

The looks on Leah and Seths faces tell me they heard everything. "Hey let's go build a snowman." Seths face bursts with a smile at my quick excuse to go outside. I quickly slip on some boots I have by the front door sticking my sweats inside. I grab the pair of sweats and a hoodie Paul leaves in a bag by the front door and make my escape with Leah and Seth behind me. We quickly find the guys surrounding a giant shaking wolf. Once the guys see me they release sighs they've been holding in, "What happened?" Sam speaks up, "Alice and Jasper asked to cross the res to get to the ocean and left a note. We didn't think anything of it. I delivered the note to the Cullen's and they told me the Volturi are coming." "Isn't that a bad thing? Why would they come?" "They think Reneesmee is an immortal child. I'm guessing that's a big no in the vampire rules. They want to come kill her and anyone involved." I sigh before rubbing my face, "She's not even immortal, I read about it they're kids who were changed too young and their brains haven't developed fully so when they have a tantrum it could take out an entire town. But what does that have to do with him not being able to phase?" "Jake asked us to witness. We have no choice she's an imprint." "And if things go wrong everyone gets killed." I throw my head back before looking at Paul as Jared speaks up, "He won't say why it pisses him off so much, his anger put up a shield so we can't read his thoughts." I take a breath as I can feel Leah and Seth get closer out of concern and protectiveness. "Go try to phase." I throw him his clothes as he trots somewhere else to phase. "He's pissed because...." I take a breath, "Because that means he dies... He'll be leaving everything behind when we.... We just found out I'm pregnant." The guys faces soften realizing what's going on. Despite how mean he can get, Paul's a huge family man, these are his brothers and he'd do anything for them. I mean I'm his imprint and he'd risk his life for me, imagine how he'd get with his own child.  "You're pregnant." Jared looks at me before pulling me into a hug, "When did you find out?" "Same day I found out Bella was back." He looks at me wanting to get mad that we didn't tell him. I pull back, "None of you get to tell Emily or Kim or I'll skin all of you." "You're really pregnant?" I smile at Embry before lifting the sweater exposing the tank top I have on showing my small bump, "If you listen you can hear the heart beat." We turn to see Paul walking towards us, he slowly slides his arm around my waist. I can feel him shaking but it slowing until it's no longer happening. I wrap my arms around his waist laying my head on his chest taking in his warmth, "Awww you guys are gross." I lift my head to squint at Jared, "If I had something I'd throw it at your big head."

Sam invited everyone over for dinner saying it's be good to relax with the news of the Volturi coming, and it'd give me the chance to tell Emily and Kim. I stand in front of the mirror on my closet door braiding my hair and looking at my outfit. I have on a tight black t-shirt, a pair of light blue jeans and boots that have that fake fur inside. Paul reaches past me to grab a jacket and helps me put it on. He rests his chin on my head with his hands on my shoulders. He's been quiet since what happened in the woods. I turn around and look at him, "Hey it's going to be okay. They'll come and see shes part human. Jake's told me she can blush which means that she has blood running through her veins and a heartbeat. And she's growing so she'll look older when they get here. Thankfully everything happens after Christmas. We'll get to celebrate with everyone. And there's time to prepare, as far as I know if it gets down to it they can't fight, Carlisle's told me they have people to fight their battles, but if you get the three kings first then nothing like this can ever happen again." "What if we end up dieing in the process? And everything-" "Hey you don't get to think like that. Some may end up dying but they'll be dying for a good reason. If you're one of the ones who die, then we'll deal with that when the time comes. Let's focus on the fact that we get to find out our baby's gender in a couple days." He smiles before pulling me close and kissing my head. "Come on Emily's making frybread tonight." I smile before pulling him to the door. "Let's go before the boys steal it all."

When we get to Emily's I zip up my jacket knowing they'd see the bump before anything else. We walk inside greeting everyone as we go. Sam nods before telling Emily he can finish cooking and takes her place frying the meat. "How's baby girl doing?" I ask poking Emily's belly. "She's kicking like no tomorrow." I smile. I look at her belly before looking at Paul. He gives me a nod and all the guys pack into the kitchen to help Sam as Emily sits down next to me and Kim. "So uh I have a surprise to show you." They both look at me and I can feel the eyes from the kitchen. "What is it?" I stand up and unzip my jacket revealing my small bump. Emily gasps in shock, "Are you?" I nod, "16 weeks in a couple days." They both smile before pulling me into a hug. We can hear the boys laughter as they leave the kitchen. Emily let's me and Kim go to go hug Paul. "Alright the meats done." Emily jumps up to check the food making sure Sam did it right.

The rest of the night we eat and joke around, it feeling good that there's no drama in our lives for once, yet. We relax and everyone asks questions about how we found out, what do we think it's going to be, and how my parents reacted. They asked why we waited to tell them, understanding we wanted to wait until everything blew over they still congratulated us before we left.