37. Papers

Dad signed my tour papers, so for the past 3 weeks I've been practicing with the band and spending my time with the pack. Paul's reluctant to let me go but knows I'll always come back home to him. I'm kind of worried about Bella, she hasn't really called or anything since she left and the longer she's gone the more the feeling in my gut grows. I can't tell if the feeling is because something is about to happen to me or her, or anyone I know for that matter.

I'm currently moving stuff into Bella's old room. I painted the walls a different color and bought some new furniture.

Luna's laying on my bed loving that it's so much bigger than my other bed that we left in the sun room, since Dad and Sue have been getting pretty close meaning Seth and Leah will sometimes crash here, but hey I'm not complaining I'm happy my dad ...

Luna's laying on my bed loving that it's so much bigger than my other bed that we left in the sun room, since Dad and Sue have been getting pretty close meaning Seth and Leah will sometimes crash here, but hey I'm not complaining I'm happy my dad is finding someone, especially after Renee. Yeah he had my mom but that was more of a rebound for them both, they're more friends than anything. The doorbell goes off, since I'm the only one home I get up to answer it jumping over the last couple of steps and open the door. "Hey Carlisle what's up?" He gives me the soft smile I always see on his face, "I had some news for Paul but no one's answering the phone at Sam's." "And I'm the next best thing right?" "Those wouldn't be my specific words but yes." "Okay what is it?" He hands me a folder, "The results for the paternity test came back, he isn't the father but one of my other patients was a match. I shouldn't be doing this but there's two copies one to give Paul as proof and please make sure Jacob and Billy get the other marked family, it has a picture with the father's name and a number to reach him at. In case she tries to make a fake one, there's a chance she might with how persistent she was." I look down at the folder in my hands, "um oh okay, I'll uh head over there now with this." He nods before walking to his car, "Wait Carlisle is there any news on Bella and Edward?" Shaking his head he says, "Haven't heard anything, means they're probably enjoying their time." I nod as I hug the folder to my chest and head inside to put on shoes and grab my keys. I'm about to call Paul when something inside me makes me open the folder, I study the papers before looking at the picture. I quickly shove everything back where they're supposed to go and quickly call Paul.

P: Hey babe what's up?

I can hear laughter in the background.

R: Uh where are you?
P: Billy decided on a last minute barbeque, were helping set up.
R: Uh I kinda need to talk to you
P: About what? Nevermind, just come over, I think Emily was just about to text you to come over and bring some sodas.
R: Alright I'll be there soon.

With a sigh I slide on my shoes thankful I decided on ripped blue shorts and a black shirt. I grab the folder and my keys before heading out. I make a quick stop at the store grabbing about 5 of the 24 packs of sodas knowing the guys will go through a lot. And a bowl of fruit knowing Emily's been craving watermelon lately. I quickly make my way to Billy's where the guys are playing around as they set up, Jared and Embry hear my car first and run to grab the sodas. "Thank you Lord, we almost forgot the sodas." "Didn't know I was the Lord you say your prayers to." Jared pushes my head aside and I grab the bowl and folder. I walk up to Emily and give her the bowl, "Your an angel I swear " I smile as Paul finds me pulling me in for a hug, "You smell like vampire." I roll my eyes, "I know, where's Billy and Jake?" "Battering the fish inside why?" "Carlisle came by with the test results." Paul's face says it all as we head inside, Billy turns towards us as we enter ,"Rosie! How's it going?" "Pretty good, uh Carlisle stopped by and dropped off the test results, he said he tried calling but no one was answering." Jake jumps in, "We thought it was this guy calling, he calls everyday asking for Rachel and she gets mad so we just stopped answering." "Did he say who he is?" "Uh Matt I think." I make a face before opening the folder and handing Paul his copy before turning everything over to Billy, "Carlisle said when he took the test it came back negative but it matched with one of his other patients. Surprise surprise his name's Matt. There's a photo and number in there, he said make sure to hand it to you not knowing how she'd take it." "She hasn't really been home since they took the test." "I bet that's why he keeps calling, trying to figure out what's going on." Billy nods, "Tell Carlisle thank you for me." I nods as I get up followed by Paul. "Wow." "You're telling me Billy just found out he's going to have a blonde grandchild." Paul laughs before throwing his arm over my shoulder and kissing my head, "I love you." I lift my head so I'm looking into his eyes , "I know." I quickly run away and hug onto Emily knowing he won't do anything since she's pregnant.