5. New Establishments

Since moving to forks my life has been as expected...boring and uneventful. Besides the one time Bella took me with her to the Cullen house resulting me in becoming friends with Emmett and Rosalie I've done nothing except facetime my friends back home, eat dinner with my dad, have breakfast with Bella, write music, and have lunch with Paul. Bella doesn't like how much I've been hanging with Paul, both her and Edward keep telling me he's not a good guy. But oh well honestly if Bella wasn't always attached to Edward or Jakes' side I'd probably hang out with her. 

Since school starts in a couple days and Riverdale already started i haven't talked to anyone back home except Reggie only because we're best friends. But I made plans with Paul to go get school stuff which I'm getting ready to leave for right now.

Because it was a warmer day I put on a band tee and some black ripped shorts long enough to cover my tattoos on my upper thigh along with my slip on vans. Hearing the doorbell ring i grab my purse and phone and head to the door. Opening it i see Paul with a smile on his face, "Ready to go short stuff?" Rolling my eyes i nod and we both head to his car. We both make small talk on the way to the shops. "So anything new?" I ask him desperate to get out off silence. Smirking and shooting a small glance at me he says "Nothing besides being Ms. Rosalinda Swans' tour guide." Smacking his arm i say "Hey i don't need a tour guide i remember where everything is." He gives a husky chuckle, "I know, you just want the company since your sister is always with her boyfriend right?" "Yeah i guess, which reminds me you never mentioned anything about a girlfriend so what do you do with your free time." Pulling into the parking lot he turns off the car and turns to me "Well i work with Sam, we're do patrol for the tribe you know keep the youth out of trouble as much as we can especially the council descents. But besides that nothing much." "So no special person in your life at all? I remember you don't like to be home because of your relationship with your dad but still. Anyone?" Shaking his head, "Nope, until you arrived" he says while booping my nose causing me to scrunch it up. "Now lets get the stuff on your list" Heading into the store he grabs a cart while i pull my schedule out with a list of supplies i'd need and extra. "So i need a backpack, pens, highlighters, blah blah blah basic shit, and 7 notebooks. Let's grab that stuff first then-" "Wait don't you only have 6 classes and arent only 3 of them academic" he says after grabbing my schedule out of my hand. "We'll yeah but- oh yeah i never told you I've been writing music since my freshman year." He just looks at me in shock. "Wait so you mean to tell me the little girl who'd sing along to songs in the car at the top of her lungs writes her own music and i'm just hearing about this?" Going up and down the aisles grabbing stuff i needed in colors i wanted i reply, "Uh yeah my freshman year i signed up for choir and i learned how to control my voice but i got tired of singing all the same songs so my mom saved up money and bought my instruments and i kinda taught myself how to play and wrote songs only a few people know about the music though." Nodding in understanding he ran his fingers across his lips saying he wouldn't say a word.

After we finish grabbing everything i needed and making a stop at Bath and Body Works I played a song i wrote for Paul on the ride home.

Staring at Paul after the song ended i waited for his reaction. "So you wrote everything in the song and recorded it on your own?" "Yeah my friend Reggie kind helps me record making sure everything stays on beat but otherwise everything else i do on my own." I noticed his face kind of fell at the mention of Reggies' name but i didn't want to address it. He quickly shrugs off the frown when we pull into my driveway. "Well today was fun but i have to go to work soon." "Okay thanks for going with me i really didnt want to go alone and Edwards family is kinda of creepy even if they are nice." "You've met his family?" and i notice he starts shaking slightly, confusing me. "Yeah Bella wanted me to get to know Edward and meet everyone i guess, kinda boring in my opinion." He kind of smiles at my comment. "I guess i'll let you get to work then." "Wait." "yeah?" "Uh i know we've been hanging out like every day and you kind just got back but do you maybe want to go on a date soon." Giving Paul a soft smile i say "sure why not." And he smiles grabbing my face to give me a peck on the cheek. "I'll pick you for dinner Friday then." Saying goodbye i grab my stuff and watch him pull out and wave at him then head inside where Bella is watching a movie. "Hey Bells" "Hey sis" she says without moving her eyes from the screen. I chuckle before heading to my room and setting everything down in their rightful places before pulling out my phone and facetiming Reggie.

Reggie: How's my girl doing

Rosie:You're girl got a date

Reggie:You've only been there a week how do you already have a date

Rosie:It's a small town people move fast Mr. Player

Reggie:Touche my friend, touche. Do i have to beat him up as a warning

Rosie:Please Reg you're not scary at all besides this guy is bigger than you

Reggie: Damn mama way to crush a guys ego

Continuing our conversation about Paul and trying to downsize the size of Reggies' ego we eventually end our call on the note that we'll talk next week.